I have 1PW 6.8.5 on Mac 10.13.2. Cannot sync to 2 iOS devices with 1 PW 7.0.4 on each.

Options
scubadiver
scubadiver
Community Member

iPhone shows 541 items, iPad shows 542 items, Mac shows 549 items -- all being synced to DropBox /1Password.agilekeychain.

I don't know when this started. I just realized it today when I had to change a password for a web login. I changed the password on the Mac then tried to access it from iPhone. That's when I realized the problem.

1Password Version: 1 PW 7.0.4
Extension Version: 4.6.12.90
OS Version: OS X 10.13.2
Sync Type: dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:dropbox sync not working

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@scubadiver: Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry for the trouble! I hope you don't mind, but I've moved you to the Mac category of the forums, since you don't seem to be using 1Password X.

Is Dropbox showing as enabled on each of your devices? If you create a new test item on each device (such as "Mac test", "iPhone test", etc.) does it show up on the others? Please follow the steps in this guide, as it will help you narrow down what's going wrong with your Dropbox setup:

If you’re having trouble syncing with Dropbox

Also, do you have one device that has all of your correct data? If so, resetting sync so that you sync that data to all the others can help Dropbox start from a known-good spot going forward. Let me know and I'll be happy to walk you through that.

• scubadiver
    scubadiver
    Community Member
    Options

OK this seemed to work. For some reason, Dropbox was not in the menu bar on my Mac. Once I re-started that and synced, most of the problems went away. I set up a test account and it promptly showed up on all devices. For some reason, 1 device has 1 login the others don't -- I will figure that out when I have time.

Thanks for you help.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@scubadiver: Ah, good to hear! Indeed, if Dropbox isn't running on the computer, it won't be able to sync. Another issue I run into from time to time is that Dropbox isn't syncing because the app is out of date, so make sure you install the latest. When that happens for any significant length of time, that can cause sync conflicts when everything is back up and running, as it tries to reconcile changes across multiple devices. Glad to hear it's probably just one or a few in your case (keep in mind that you may have changed some information in existing item, not just added a new one).

While Dropbox is a great service for general file syncing, for the future, you may want to consider a 1Password.com membership, since it gives you access to all of the apps, the web interface, and does away with license management and sync configuration altogether — you simply login to your account to authorize a device and access your data. You can try it for free for 30 days to take advantage of all of its benefits. Just a thought. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.