To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

General question - How-to: Adding details from others

Philipp
Philipp
Community Member

Hello Agilebits Team,

I have a general question: In my 1Password account I have logins from family members (grandmother, mother,...) also. But I use them rarely.

When I login somewhere with the shortcut, I prefer the direct login without the intermediate step. So I created for the accounts of family members secure notes instead. But on the other hand, when I have to use the accounts from family members, then I have to copy and paste this details manually. So it is not very practical.

Maybe do you have any better idea how I can resolve this little problem?

For example
-) one Gmail account is my privat one
-) one Gmail account is my business one
-) one Gmail account is from my mother
-) one Gmail account is from my grandmother
-) one Gmail account is from my grandfather.

Is there an option to set my privat account as default and when I use the shortcut for the login, 1Password should use this immediately. As an idea otherwise I have to use 1Password mini for the login with an other account. Or maybe you have an other idea?

Thanks and best regards, Philipp

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• darrenNZ
    darrenNZ
    Community Member
    edited January 2018

@Philipp

Three options that I can immediately think of:

• Store the entries with the descriptor in brackets, example: Gmail (private), Gmail (business)
    • Store the entries with a tag, example: #business, #mother
    • Create a separate vault for each person - if you only have 1 login per person, this isn't a good solution

There isn't really any other way of doing this because 1Password is designed for storing your own credentials. Ideally they should all have their own accounts.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited January 2018

@Philipp: All of darrenNZ 's suggestions are good, so it's kind of a personal preference. For me, I use separate vaults and hide them from All Vaults, which I use normally in the app. That way I can switch to one fo these discrete vaults to access them as needed, but their contents are out of my way most of the time. Or you may be able to set 1Password to open to your own personal vault, which is sort of the opposite approach. I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

This discussion has been closed.