App 2-way verification

Hi guys,

I use WhatsApp on my phone and I have 2-way verification activated. So every couple of days WhatsApp ask me to enter the PIN.

Since the latest 1Password update your app recognizes the field and provide me to enter the PIN automatically. Great! So I unlock 1Password, but 1Password can't find my WhatsApp details.

I think the problem is, that I added this detail as a database entry and 1Password use the "Logins" category only. Right?

But for me this is not a normal login. A login is for a website where I have an url, a username and a password. At WhatsApp I have nothing about it. I have a PIN only.

Is there an option that 1Password searches in more categories? Is there any workaround you can give me? In general which category to you recommend for Apps or similar, when you have a PIN only?

Thanks and best regards, Philipp

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Have you tried the password category @Philipp?

It's really annoying that WhatsApp feel the need to prompt users every couple of days but their rationale for it is that it'll prevent a user forgetting their password.

• Hi @darrenNZ

Good idea with the password section. I added the PW there and I'm waiting for the next WhatsApp request now. :-)

• brentybrenty

AgileBits Team Member
    edited January 12

@Philipp: I'd really recommend just using a Login item. It's okay if it doesn't have the whole username, password, etc. But Password items are saved as a failsafe when generating passwords, so that category can get a bit cluttered. And a Login makes it easy to specify the website — in the case https://www.whatsapp.com — so it can be matched to the app. I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• Hi @brenty
    That's good point why I should use the Login item for that also.
    Thanks!

• brentybrenty

AgileBits Team Member

You're totally welcome! Here if you have any other questions. :chuffed:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file