Somehow there is no data at all this morning. How to identify data file and return it?

RonGalbraith
RonGalbraith
Community Member

The key here is that I am 73 years old and often don't know what I'm doing.Yesterday I used my 1PASSWORD as always. I have done something stupid and now don't know where my data is, what it may be called, or how to put it back. Did not dispose anything on purpose.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Somehow there is no data at all this morning. How to identify data file and return it?

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@RonGalbraith: It may not be anything you did, unless you deleted something or used a "cleaner" app that did. Do you perhaps have multiple copies of 1Password on your Mac? Try doing a Spotlight search and let me know what comes up. Also, you didn't include any of the requested version information. What are the the OS, 1Password, and device versions you're using?

Find your version

The more information you can give, the better. Thanks in advance! :)

• RonGalbraith
    RonGalbraith
    Community Member

No copies on my one and only Mac. I do have 1PW on my iPhone and iPad but really don't use.
    version: mac 6.8.5, Safari 6.4.5, iPhone don't know, never used. Spotlight showed me a ton including license from AgileBits Store.
    Wish that communication was better for me.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@RonGalbraith -- don't panic, and don't blame yourself. We're here for you, and unless something went VERY wrong, I think we'll be able to get your data back. However, at this point, to get a better idea of what might be going on with your specific setup, I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your Mac:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

With your email please include:

• A link to this thread: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/85838/somehow-there-is-no-data-at-all-this-morning-how-to-identify-data-file-and-return-it#latest
    • Your forum username: @RonGalbraith

That way we can "connect the dots" when we see your diagnostics in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number in the Subject line.  Please post that number here so we can track down the diagnostics and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the diagnostics we'll be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

• RonGalbraith
    RonGalbraith
    Community Member
    edited January 2018

[#LFE-99238-814]

ref: LFE-99238-814

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Thanks, @RonGalbraith - We've received your diagnostics report, so let's keep the conversation going via email. :)

This discussion has been closed.