Cannot Login despite correct details.

Options
blueflog7
blueflog7
Community Member

Hello

I cannot log into my account from my Mac.

I have 1password installed on my iPhone 6+ and iPhone 7 and use Touch ID to login.

I have checked my Secret Key and Master Password from my Emergency Kit and also from the account details stored on both iPhones.

I have copied and pasted from Text Edit on my Mac and again both the Secret Key and Password is 100% correct.

I have reinstalled the App and Extension for both Safari, Firefox and Chrome with browsers running the latest versions.

Attempts have been made using the web version of 1Password as well but still no luck.

Mac is running OS 10.13.2 with all supplemental updates installed.

Help

Thank You

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• darrenNZ
    darrenNZ
    Community Member
    Options

What's the error you're getting?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@darrenNZ: Unfortunately the error probably won't be very helpful. 1Password.com is designed not to leak information like "your password is wrong" since that tells an attacker the other information is correct. :(

@blueflog7: Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry for the trouble! Do you perhaps have multiple 1Password.com accounts? If any of the account credentials — sign in address, email address, Secret Key, and Master Password — are not entered correctly and match with the others on the account, you will not be able to sign in.

I see that you've been in contact with Jeff via email, so rather than trying to carry on different conversations in multiple places, I'll close this and we'll continue via email.

ref: CEQ-47766-432

This discussion has been closed.