1Password on iMac not synced for a year

jscharer
jscharer
Community Member

I have the latest version of 1Password installed on 2 iPhones, an iPad Pro, and an iMac. The iMac stopped syncing correctly over a year ago, so sync has been disabled. I would like to try syncing again, but am afraid that when I do, the "Merge" will overwrite the data on the iCloud with the data on the iMac (this has happened in the past. For some reason, changes made on the iDevices would sync to the iCloud, then later get overwritten by the older data on the iMac). I only have a single vault, and would really like to have the iMac "start over". I do not understand the vaults - it appears they are not local, but in the iCloud, so that I cannot simply delete a local iMac vault and replace it with one that has the data from the iCloud.

Do you have any advice on what I should do?

Thanks,

Jon

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:merging

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@jscharer: Where do you have the complete copy of your 1Password data — the vault that you want to sync to all the other devices? You didn't include any information about what you're using, so please tell me the OS, 1Password, and device versions you have:

Find your version

The more information you can give, the better. Thanks in advance! :)

This discussion has been closed.