To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

merge vaults, transfer items to new 1password.com unclear

tarakennymv
tarakennymv
Community Member

Hi, I want to move the 1password.com info/vaults from my iPhone to my new Google Pixel. I signed up for a new 1password.com account as a free trial in order to move over my data to my new 1password account. I followed your video here (bullet #7)... https://support.1password.com/migrate-1password-account/
The transfer seemed to take forever, and when it finished it didn't give me the option to delete the old vault? I now have 2 vaults, primary, and personal. In my primary vault I have 243 items. In my personal vaults I have 137. I would like ALL 243 items to transfer. In my old 1password.com there was also "Secure Notes" which may be making up the difference in number. I don't want to lose my secure notes info.

How do I transfer the complete Primary vault to the new personal vault? to replace the personal vault?
Also, once the free trial period is up, will I still be able to use 1 password in my mobile?

I use my 1password almost entirely on my mobile phone rather than desktop. Any help to make my old Primary vault the main vault woould be hugely appreciated. I feel I'm stuck. Once I've got this where it needs to be on my old iPhone, I cna then deal with copying the data over to my new Google Pixel phone.
Thank you in advance for your help.

1Password Version: 6.9.1 on iPhone
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@tarakennymv: Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry for the confusion! I think it's a good thing that 1Password didn't offer to delete your original vault if it wasn't able to copy all of the data. It may be there's something off there that prevented it from doing so. You mentioned that you generally use 1Password on your phone, but do you have a computer you'd be able to use to try to repair and/or migrate the data? That could save you a lot of time. Alternatively, you can delete the data in your account (or the account itself) and then re-copy your items over to the new vault, perhaps 10-20 at a time so you can narrow down if there is an item that's damaged. Let me know what you have to work with and we'll come up with a plan. :)

• tarakennymv
    tarakennymv
    Community Member

Hi Brenty, I do have 1Password on my desktop, so we can go that route. Let me know what I have to do. Thank you

• tarakennymv
    tarakennymv
    Community Member

Hi Brenty, I do have 1Password on my desktop, so we can go that route.

• tarakennymv
    tarakennymv
    Community Member

Hi Brenty, I do have 1Password on my desktop, so we can go that route. Let me know what I need to do. Thanks.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited January 2018

@tarakennymv: Great! Which OS and 1Password versions are you using there? Does that have all of your data? :)

• tarakennymv
    tarakennymv
    Community Member

1password version 6.8.5 and OS X El Capitain 10.11.6

• tarakennymv
    tarakennymv
    Community Member

I checked and it appears that all of my data is in my desktop Primary account

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@tarakennymv: Perfect! That's just what I needed to know. Since you have all of your data in the Primary vault in 1Password for Mac, none of it will be accessible through your account until you migrate it. But all you need to do is follow these steps on your Mac to do that:

1Password.com: Migrate your data on your main device

At the end, it will also take you through removing the old Primary vault, and doing the same after setting up your 1Password.com account on your other devices. Let me know how you get along! :)

• tarakennymv
    tarakennymv
    Community Member

Now that I have moved items, on my desktop, how do I sync it with my phone and delete the unwanted vaults? Also, what happened to my notes?

• tarakennymv
    tarakennymv
    Community Member

Ok, so I appear to have made the transfer, and when I click on the 1password app on my new android phone, the app opens, and I login with my new account password I created. Will I need to maintain a membership, or will I still bea ble to access my info for free through the app as before? Thank you for your help.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@tarakennymv - If you have created a 1Password account and you wish to continue using it on your Mac and Android device(s), then yes, you would need to enter your credit card details into the Billing tab of your account in a web browser in order to be able to continue to use it. After 30 days free without a payment method, your account will enter Frozen status. You'll still be able to view your data and even export it, but you won't be able to add any new items or change or delete any current ones.

This discussion has been closed.