No options for new users to use dropbox or icloud sync?

Hi,

I am a complete new user for 1password and now trying 30 days free program.

It seems very good for me to manage many passwords via multi-devices including windows, mac, iphone, android.

Then I have a question.

Many articles about 1password or online docs describes how to sync vault via icloud or Dropbox.

But I can't find sync options in setting screen, so I can't select the sync options.

Is this the right specification of 1password 6, or the limitaion for free-trial user?

And could you tell me about the security of storing passwords in 1password.com instead of storing icloud or Dropbox.

I wonder if my passwords could be shown by the administrator of the 1password.com.

Best Regards,

1Password Version: 6.8.492
Extension Version: 4.6.12.90
OS Version: Windows 7
Sync Type: 1password.com
Referrer: forum-search:icloud sync

Comments

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    edited January 2018

Unfortunately not at this point with 1Password v6.x. You will have to wait for the upcoming 1Password 7 for Windows to connect to Dropbox.

1Password.com has zero support for local vaults.

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi there @Rin,

Thank you for taking time to contact us! I am sorry for the confusion.

When you are using a 1Password.com account, your encrypted vault is stored on our server and you do not need to set up any third-party sync option in order to sync your data. All you need to do on a new device is to download 1Password app and sign in to your account – your data should be there.

The instructions you see in our knowledgebase is about local vaults that are not supported in 1Password 6 for Windows (yet). We are planning to bring local vaults support back in 1Password 7 for Windows, but I do not have any timeframe for you at this point.

I wonder if my passwords could be shown by the administrator of the 1password.com.

That is out of the question. When you have 1Password.com account, your data is encrypted with your Master Password (which is known only to you) and your Secret Key (generated locally on your devices, never transmitted to us). The security and the safety of your data in 1Password.com account is our top-priority.

Please let us know if you have any concerns, we will be happy to answer all of your questions. Thank you!

Cheers,
    Greg

• Rin
    Rin
    Community Member

wkleem, Greg,

Thank you very much for your quick reply.

I could understand the specification of the 1password 6.

Maybe I don't have to migrate the sync method even if 1password 7 will be released.

Rin

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Indeed, I'm sorry we don't have more to share now, but we'll be sure to announce it when its ready. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.