To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Can I restore account?

I don't have recovery info and so on, but can I start from the beginning with a fresh install and use my license key and pull all accounts/pw from my mobile phone where I still have access?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:restore 1password account...

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Michael30360360: To be clear, you will only have an account one if you've signed up for a 1Password.com membership. That’s the only way you’ll have a Secret Key or Sign In URL, or be able to access your data through 1Password.com. But you can use 1Password without an account and sync your data from you phone, or create a new vault. I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• Danilushka
    Danilushka
    Community Member
    edited January 2018

I have a similar issue, I purchased 1 Password on the Apple AppStore and then moved to another password manager after a year or so.
    I want to move back and upgrade to the family plan. All my data has been scrubbed and I am on a new Mac with no access to my secret key or password for 1Password.com.
    But when I try to trial the on-line membership, my email is recognized and I am asked to login with a secret key I do not have.
    I have tried various ways to login but I end up like a dog chasing its tail.
    Since my data has been scrubbed completely, can you just delete my account and I'll start over with the on-line trial?
    If we do that, how do I link the local macOS instance of the app with the on-line accounts?

ref: FPY-11882-475

• @Danilushka

This is something we’ll need to handle via email. I see you already also emailed in, and someone will be in touch there soon. Thanks!

Ben

• Danilushka
    Danilushka
    Community Member

I did email first and suspected that would be the case.
    But I figured I'd ensure that was the only path to solution, thanks.

• Yep, fair enough. :)

Ben

• Danilushka
    Danilushka
    Community Member

I have not received response yet. So I went ahead and created an account with a different email.
    Now I would liek to delete this on-line account with my mail email and update the email in my new subscription.
    Could you please have someone contact me so I can get this sorted out ASAP?
    It has been two days since I emailed and I have had no response.

• I do apologize for the delay; our team that handles emails is a little busier than usual right now. I’ll respond to your email. Thanks.

Ben

• Michael30360360
    Michael30360360
    Community Member

Hi @brenty and thanks for your reply to which I can say that Im uncertain if I ever got the URL/kit. But what do I need to do if I have all data on iPhone and need to sync to Windows laptop and iPad... I have a key/serial but am not sure If iy covers for app installation or if it allows for me to install a new installation in my windows computer and then sync to DB?

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@Michael30360360 If you don't have a 1Password membership/account, you can use either Dropbox sync or WLAN sync to keep those three devices' 1Password data in sync. I would start on your PC in 1Password 4 for Windows first, then move on to the mobile devices. Your existing license should work fine for 1Password 4 for Windows. Just go to Help > Enter License Key

This discussion has been closed.