Lock 1Password after... ...when I'm closing Chrome

Hello,
I changed the option for locking 1Password when my system is inactive to a longer period.

• When I let Chrome open, then this is working fine. => Perfect
  • When I close Chrome and open it again a moment later, I'm still logged in again. => Perfect
  • When I close Chrome and open it later, but before the time periode is over, then I have to login again. => Is it possilbe to change this?

Thanks!

1Password Version: 1.4.0
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Philipp: It isn't something thats possible with a self-contained Chrome extension like 1Password X, as it literally lives only within Chrome. When Chrome is closed completely, there is nothing to maintain the lock state.

However, if you're on macOS or Windows, you can use our native apps and their extensions, which do live outside the browser and can manage locking a the system level (provided the 1Password app is running):

https://1password.com/downloads/
    https://agilebits.com/onepassword/extensions

Otherwise, with 1Password X running only when Chrome is, you'll need to leave the browser open if you want it to stay unlocked while you're using it. I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• Philipp
    Philipp
    Community Member

Thanks @brenty
    I use 1Password X because on my company notebook I'm not allowed to install own software.

I thought there is maybe a solution for it, because on my Windows notifications taskbar on the right I see the Chrome icon always. So I thought Chrome is maybe active in the background always and maybe 1Password could be unlocked. also.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

I use 1Password X because on my company notebook I'm not allowed to install own software.

@Philipp: Ah, gotcha. Indeed, that's a big part of the reason why we've built 1Password X! I'm glad that it's helping in that regard at least.

I thought there is maybe a solution for it, because on my Windows notifications taskbar on the right I see the Chrome icon always. So I thought Chrome is maybe active in the background always and maybe 1Password could be unlocked. also.

It's something we'll continue to explore, but Chrome has this mainly to facilitate updates and quicker launching. It doesn't keep extensions running. No harm in keeping Chrome open if you still need to use it though, and we'll see if Google offers us more tools in the future to do something like you're asking. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.