I have had to delete and reinstall 1 password onto an iPhone 7 and it no longer works.

jamesgthackray
jamesgthackray
Community Member

I used to sync via WLAN , it recognises my mac but won't recognise my "secret code".

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 11.2.2
Sync Type: WLAN
Referrer: forum-search:I have had to delete and reinstall 1 password onto an iPhone 7 and it no longer works.

Comments

• TristanTrx
    TristanTrx
    Community Member

Hey

Have you tried scanning the setup code from the app...

Open 1Password and login using your master password.
    Click on accounts (if you have more than 1 hover over your account).
    Click on 'Set up other devices'

It will pop up with a QR code that can be scanned from within the 1Password app

Saves having to copy your secret key in

• @jamesgthackray,

It sounds like you may have taken a wrong turn in the setup screens. Are you choosing WLAN sync as the means for setting up 1Password? or did you end up in the 1Password.com account setup screen?

Rudy

• jamesgthackray
    jamesgthackray
    Community Member

Sorry I am completely baffled! I had the Mac App and iPhone app that synced using WLAN.
    I had to delete the iPhone app and reinstall (wider iPhone issues that are now resolved.)
    Now when I open the iPhone app I am asked if I am already using 1password and provided the folowing options:
    1password
    icloud
    dropbox
    WLAN - which i chose - it recognises my computer and asks for "the secret code" which I find in the Mac app preferences>WLAN server
    It then says the code is wrong?

• jamesgthackray
    jamesgthackray
    Community Member

It now says the code is correct but my master password is wrong, which I know its not as I've just used it to log into the mac app!!!

• jamesgthackray
    jamesgthackray
    Community Member

Well thats strange! i just changed my password on the mac and now it works!!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited January 2018

Excellent! Thanks for the update. Glad to hear that you were able to get things working but entering in the correct information. It sounds like you should be all set, but don't hesitate to reach out if we can be of further assistance. We're always here to help! :)

ref: SRW-11291-589

This discussion has been closed.