My Mac stopped syncing with iCloud (I go to preferences sync -> process is running but never ends)

FMMC
FMMC
Community Member

I use 1password in my Mac for years.
I recently update High Sierra to version 10.13.2 and now I realized is stopped syncing with iCloud (so my iPhone and iPad are not updated...). Don't know if it stopped immediately but now it's definitely not working.
Closed it, reopened it, went to preferences + sync several time... but the process is looping and never ends

1Password Version: 6.8.5
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS 10.13.2
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:1password stoped syncing Mac

Comments

• FMMC
    FMMC
    Community Member

Change sync process to force net set up of iCloud.

It's been like this for the last 10 minutes...
    (I go to Mac preferences + iCloud and everything seems ok with 1password)

• TristanTrx
    TristanTrx
    Community Member
    edited January 2018

Since updating, have you checked iCloud sync is turned on in Apple system preferences

• FMMC
    FMMC
    Community Member
    edited January 2018

Yes. and everything is ok. I even see 1 password there:

• TristanTrx
    TristanTrx
    Community Member

Is everything else updating in your iCloud? like Photos etc, just thinking it could be an iCloud issue. Have you tried logging out of iCloud and back in on your Mac, simple but sometimes effective

or,

you could try saving a password on your phone to see if it is updating back to your Mac from your phone :)

• TristanTrx
    TristanTrx
    Community Member

Also after logging out of iCloud reboot your Mac before logging back in again :)

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Welcome to the forum, @FMMC! Sorry to hear you're having trouble with iCloud sync just now. I'm going to echo @TristanTrx's recommendations. That may be all that's needed right there, but if disabling iCloud then re-enabling in 1Password doesn't address it, and neither does logging out of then back into iCloud in System Preferences and restarting your Mac doesn't solve it, then my next question would be: is your copy of 1Password for Mac from the Mac App Store or from us?

• FMMC
    FMMC
    Community Member

I can't remember but I think it's from you...
    But forget the claim (at least for now): at 3rd or 4th time I disabled / tried to reenable sync preferences + iCloud (with Mac restarting in the middle)... it worked ;)
    It's fine now.
    Thanks for all

• FMMC
    FMMC
    Community Member

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Glad to hear all is well! We've been working with Apple on a solution to some iCloud issues, and we actually just released version 6.8.6 so be sure to update as that may help as well. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.