To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

requesting help choosing a cloudy, shared plan

Options
wagnerone
wagnerone
Community Member

I've been a 1Password user and advocate for a long time. 1Passwd is still the correct name to me. :) I am converting my company to 1PT. Thank you for all of that!

I am still using a personal non-teams, old style account. My sister uses this type of account too. I'd like us to upgrade to a cloudy type plan and wonder if Families is for us.

My concern is with me being the Families account initiator and "owner" is not wanting too much insight into the data she and her husband as members of our Family will have in 1PF. Can 1PF accommodate these needs?

1. We want a vault where she and I can share secrets.
  2. We all want personal vaults that no others can access.
  3. We want shared vaults that some can access, but others cannot.

I see 3 as possibly the tricky one. She and her husband will want a shared vault that I have no need nor desire to have access to. She and I will have a shared vault which her husband will have no need of nor would I want him to have access to.

Being an account admin/owner, I expect the 2nd scenario is doable. I just don't add her husband to she and my shared vault. But, what about scenario one? Is it possible to create a shared vault and allow only 2 users access but not allow access to myself, the owner of the account?

Thanks!
Mike

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    edited January 2018
    Options

@wagnerone

I've been a 1Password user and advocate for a long time.

I knew I liked you already. :)

1Passwd is still the correct name to me.

Good heavens, you weren't kidding, were you? Not too many remember those days.

I am converting my company to 1PT. Thank you for all of that!

No, thank YOU for that - you rock!

And yes, 1Password Families sounds like it is perfect for you. For $4.99/mo (billed annually), you get up to five members. Each has his/her own Private vault for their individual items, as well as access to a family-wide Shared vault. You (as the organizer) can also create as many additional vaults as you like with any configuration of members. So you could have one vault shared between just you and your sister, and if you make your sister a Family Organizer (instead of just member), then she can create vaults to share just between herself and her husband or whatever other configuration you wish. In short, it's quite flexible.

You should definitely make sure at least one other family member is promoted to Family Organizer, as these people are the only ones who can help others recover their account if they can't login due to a lost Secret Key or forgotten Master Password. If you're the only Family Organizer and YOU lose/forget, the entire family is in trouble. But if there's two of you with that power, then everyone can have their account recovered by someone, if necessary.

Head on over to the main 1Password Families sign-up page and create a 30-day trial. You've got a full month to get things up and configured the way you like - and we'll be here for you if you have questions along the way. Thanks for being such a long time advocate of 1Password, and we look forward to many more years of helping you - and your family - stay safe online. :)

• wagnerone
    wagnerone
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you for the guidance!

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@wagnerone You're most welcome. Drop by anytime if you have questions or run into problems. Have a great weekend!

This discussion has been closed.