Changed DropBox password. Now nothing syncs.

Options
dhjaffe
dhjaffe
Community Member

I have a MacBook Pro using Mac OS 10.13.2, an iPhone 6s Plus using IOS 11.2.2 & an iPad using IOS 11.2.2. I sync all 3 using DropBox. I just changed my DropBox password & also added 2-step verification where I get a code texted to me when I access my DropBox account. Normally the new DropBox password would immediately appear when I accessed 1Password on my iPhone or iPad but it hasn't - the old password is still there. So I assume it's not automatically syncing to my iPhone & iPad the way it used to. I tried to do a manual sync but that didn't help. What should I do?

1Password Version: 6.8.5
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS 11.2.2
Sync Type: DropBox

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@dhjaffe - When you changed your Dropbox password at Dropbox's website, did you also re-save the item in 1Password?

• dhjaffe
    dhjaffe
    Community Member
    Options

Yes, the Dropbox password on my computer 1Password app shows the new one but accessing 1Password on the iPhone & iPad still shows the old Dropbox password.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@dhjaffe - OK, thanks. On your iOS devices, what do you see if you visit Settings > Sync > (vault name)? There should be a "Last Sync" status that will tell you when it occurred. If it's not recent, please go back one page (use the back button at the top of your display), and tap "Sync Now." Let us know how that works for you (or if that wasn't the issue).

• dhjaffe
    dhjaffe
    Community Member
    Options

When I click Settings > Sync & then click the Primary choice which is Dropbox, it shows the last sync to be within a few seconds ago.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@dhjaffe - that's quite odd indeed. Can I ask: how many vaults do you have on each device, and is it possible you may have this Dropbox password saved in more than one? If you've got multiple copies, changing one of them would only change the same copy on other devices. If you've got only your one Primary vault on each device, I'd like you to try creating a Secure Note on each of your devices. Call each one something memorable so you'll be able to tell where it comes from, something like "From Mac," "From iPhone," and "From iPad." Give each one a moment to sync, then see whether you can see all three notes on all three devices. Let us know what you discover!

• dhjaffe
    dhjaffe
    Community Member
    Options

The Secure Note created on the iPhone synced to the iPad & vice versa. Neither synced to the Mac computer & the Secure Note created on the Mac did not sync to either the iPhone or iPad.

• dhjaffe
    dhjaffe
    Community Member
    Options

Sorry, I forgot to add - there is only one vault on each device. The new Dropbox password is only in the Mac one (this is where I added it manually). Neither the iPhone or iPad one have changed over.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@dhjaffe - That sounds very much as if you've created a new vault on your Mac that is syncing with a different keychain than the ones your iPhone and iPad are using. On your Mac, go to Preferences > Sync and you should see A) what method you're using to sync data and B) if it's Dropbox, the specific file path to they sync keychain. On 1Password for iOS, go to **Settings > Sync > (vault name) > Sync Service, and you'll see the same thing - the specific file path. Check to make sure the sync service is the same (i.e. - not Dropbox vs iCloud, etc), and that if you're using Dropbox all over, make sure the keychain/file path is identical.

• dhjaffe
    dhjaffe
    Community Member
    Options

Al 3 devices are usingl Dropbox. On the Mac under Sync it shows 1Password.agilekeychain. The iPhone & iPad show /1Password.agilekeychain. Is that forward slash before the 1Password.agilekeychain causing the problem?

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@dhjaffe I honestly can't tell from your description. To get a better idea of what's going on with your 1Password setup, I'd like to ask you to create some diagnostics reports, one from each of your devices.

—Mac—
    https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/?mac

—iOS—
    https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/?ios

Please add the following code (including the square brackets) to the Subject line of your diagnostics emails before sending them:

[#TFF-74599-587]

This will link your diagnostics to our current discussion. We'll take a look and let you know what we find out.

• dhjaffe
    dhjaffe
    Community Member
    Options

You should have received 3 diagnostic reports (Mac, iPhone & iPad). Please let me know if you didn't get all 3. Thanks.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@dhjaffe: Got em! I see that we've received your emails, so we can continue the conversation there. We'll take a look at the diagnostics and get back to you shortly! :)

ref: TFF-74599-587

This discussion has been closed.