Masterpassword not working: 1PasswordX and mypassword (web) working, but not Windows App or IOS app

Options

It looks like there was an update of the 1P today/yesterday, and after that update, I am unable to login into the 1P desktop app on my Windows machine and neither able to log into my iOS app. Do please note, I can use the same master password to log into Chrome -1Px and also the mypassword cloud web. I just signed up yesterday.

To re-iterate, the masterword is being accepted in the Chrome extention and on your website, its only not being accepted in the updated apps on my Windows laptop and iphone.

1Password Version: 6.8. 496 (windows);
Extension Version: 1passwordx chrome 1.4.0
OS Version: Windows and iOS 11
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Welcome to the forum, @IJR_1P! Sorry for the trouble just now. If you're still able to sign into your 1Password account in 1Password X and the web app, then obviously, you're not forgetting anything. However, that does make me wonder what vault(s) you have in your native 1Password apps on Windows and iOS. We don't typically update 1Password on multiple platforms simultaneously, though we did today. I'm wondering, if you check for updates once more, whether the problem is still persisting? And on both devices, or only one?

• IJR_1P
    IJR_1P
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Lars,

Thanks for your note. I am now able to login to the iOS 1P app, but still unable to log into the windows desktop 1P. I even uninstalled and re-installed a fresh instance of the application on my machine.

Very strange and I am really unable to test drive 1P under these circumstances.

• IJR_1P
    IJR_1P
    Community Member
    Options

ah, figured it out. I had an old trial account still appearing in the desktop version. Singing out of it seems to have done the trick.

thanks

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@IJR_1P: Thank you for keeping us posted! I am glad to hear that you've figured it out. :+1: :chuffed:

Please let us know if there is anything else we can help you with. Thank you!

Cheers,
    Greg

This discussion has been closed.