To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Change account type to standalone

Options
absbrkolla
absbrkolla
Community Member

I have account created as a subscription but I got a license for standalone and I can only use the standalone version. Please change my account type to standalone so that I can apply the license and unfreeze my account.
My account is the same e-mail as the oner registered on this forum.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    edited January 2018
    Options

Welcome to the forum, @absbrkolla! Unfortunately, things don't work quite the way you're asking about. There are currently two ways to use 1Password:

As a standalone product:

• You purchase licenses for each platform separately.
    • These licenses include all in-version updates, but a major version upgrade (such as 1Password 7) may require a paid upgrade.
    • You choose how to sync your data. You can set up sync using a third party service (like Dropbox or iCloud.) If you do not set up sync, your data will remain on your device.

With a 1Password account:

• You sign up for an account at 1Password.com.
    • Your subscription includes the 1Password apps across all platforms, with all updates and upgrades for as long as your account is active.
    • Once you sign in to your account in 1Password on a new device, all of your data is instantly available - no need to set up third-party sync.

1Password accounts also include access to your data via a web browser, and per-item backups so you always have a safe copy of your data off of your devices, and can roll back to a previous version of an item if a change is accidentally made.

What all of the above means is that it's not possible to use a standalone license to unfreeze a 1password.com account. If you would like to transfer your data from your 1Password account back into local (standalone) vaults which would allow you to use your existing license but would require you to set up manual sync, instructions for that are right here. Let us know if you have any further questions.

ref: KXH-53244-913

This discussion has been closed.