To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Master password

Options
ibeardtech
ibeardtech
Community Member

Hello. I have change my master password for like 1 week ago, and now i cant get in..

Comments

• ibeardtech
    ibeardtech
    Community Member
    edited January 2018
    Options

I can get in with my fingerprint on iPhone , not with password. How can get it back?

ref: SRQ-79984-813, URK-86986-458

• ibeardtech
    ibeardtech
    Community Member
    Options

Can no one help me?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@ibeardtech: I'm sorry for the confusion. We can help you, but this is not a chat room. We try to respond to everyone on a first-come-first-served basis here in the forum and via email. I think that's fair, but unfortunately it means you may have to wait a bit while we reply to others who have been waiting longer. It looks like you contacted us via email separately already a few days ago, and unfortunately sending multiple messages in different places slows down the support process for everyone. However, Jeff replied to you there days ago as well, but you never answered.

As he mentioned, AgileBits has neither your 1Password data nor the Master Password used to secure it, so this isn't something we can 'reset' for you to help directly. However, please try the tips in this guide as they may help you gain access again:

https://support.1password.com/forgot-master-password/

Alternatively, if you're part of a 1Password Family or Team, another Owner, Organizer, or Admin can help you recover your account, so you can create a new Secret Key and Master Password:

https://support.1password.com/recovery/#begin-recovery

If that doesn't help though, you will need to either restore from a backup, sync from another device, or simply start over. You can try as many times as you want. You won’t be “locked out”, but you will not be able to access your data unless you can enter the required Master Password correctly. I'll reply to you via email in case we need more details from you, but ultimately unless you enter the right Master Password you will not be able to access your data, as the security of all 1Password users depends on it being designed that way.

ref: SRQ-79984-813

This discussion has been closed.