jtouhey
jtouhey
Community Member

Can't get past emergency kit in setting up family account

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Trying to set up family 1password and can't get passed emergency kit can't get past emergency kit.

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@jtouhey: Can you tell me what you mean? You absolutely should save your Emergency Kit, but I'm not sure I understand what difficulty you might be having with that.

• jtouhey
    jtouhey
    Community Member
    Options

My husband now has the app on his home page but when we access it it seems to be asking him to set up his personal account without being on the family account. My 1password now has doubled all of my information (log ins) and I would like to delete the extra log ins. The instructions are very difficult for two 80 year old men to follow.

• Ben
    Options

@jtouhey

My husband now has the app on his home page but when we access it it seems to be asking him to set up his personal account without being on the family account.

Have you invited your husband to your 1Password Families account? If not you’ll need to do that before he can join:

Share 1Password with your family

When he accepts your invitation he’ll have his own Secret Key generated for him, and choose his own Master Password. He’ll then get his own Emergency Kit. When he signs in he’ll see a Private vault, and the default Shared vault. You can opt to share any additional vaults you may have with him if you wish (instructions in the guide mentioned above).

My 1password now has doubled all of my information (log ins) and I would like to delete the extra log ins.

It sounds like you may have missed a step in the migration instructions:

• iOS: To remove your old Primary vault, tap Settings > Vaults > Primary. Then tap Delete Vault.
    • Mac: To remove your old Primary vault, choose 1Password menu > Switch to Vault > Primary. Then choose 1Password menu > Delete Vault.
    • Android: You’ll still have your old Primary vault after copying your data into your new account. To remove your old Primary vault, delete 1Password from your device, reinstall 1Password, then sign in to your new account.

This needs to be done on each device. Once you’ve done so 1Password will unlock using the Master Password you have set up for your 1Password.com membership account, instead of the Master Password for your Primary vault (they may be the same).

The instructions are very difficult for two 80 year old men to follow.

If you have trouble with an instruction please let us know:

• Where you got the instruction from (e.x. a link to the support guide)
    • What specific instruction you’re having a problem with
    • What is preventing you from completing the instruction (e.x. “the button it says to click is not present on the screen”)

We’d be happy to help. :)

Thanks!

Ben

• jtouhey
    jtouhey
    Community Member
    Options

How do I invite my husband to join my account. No place do I see instructions to do this. When husband opens his 1Password it tells him to start his trial. I’m afraid this means he will have an individual account rather than a family account.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@jtouhey -- inviting family members is done from your account's Admin Console which is not part of the 1Password apps, but only available via signing into your account in a browser. Visit your account online at https://start.1password.com, sign in, and you'll see "Invitations" in the right sidebar. Follow these instructions to get family members invited and confirmed. Let us know if you have any questions!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@jtouhey: Or, if you haven't upgraded to a 1Password Families plan yet, you'll see "Invite People" on the right when you sign into your account on 1Password.com, so you can click that to get things setup and send any invites. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.