Print Folder Name

ddease
ddease
Community Member

I put all of my entries into folders. When I print my entries the folder name does not print. Is there a way to get the folder name to print or would that be an enhancement?

1Password Version: 6.8.6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.12.6
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:I put all of my entries into folders. When I print my entries the folder name does not print.

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@ddease: An item belongs to a folder and not the other way around, so no, it isn't included the way an item's notes would be. Folders are merely an organizational structure in the app, and don't translate well to a list on a sheet of paper, where they would server no purpose. However, you could print your items by folder and then store them in an actual folder. It isn't something we recommend since it's incredibly insecure, and so we're also unlikely to add additional print features. But that may help you, and you could store it all in a safe deposit box to be more secure. Cheers! :)

• XIII
    XIII
    Community Member

Folders are merely an organizational structure in the app, and don't translate well to a list on a sheet of paper, where they would server no purpose.

What about mapping folders to chapters/sections?

(That would make sense to me)

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    edited January 2018

@ddease ,

With the onepif converter, you can convert your exported 1PIF data to HTML, which you can print. There are various formatters you can use. They currently ignore the folder names, but I could add them if it would be useful to you.

Examples are in the Screenshots and Samples area, mentioned in the first post of the converter suite thread. See the two onepif pdf files there.

Folder names could also be added to the csv formatter as well.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@MrC: Thanks! :chuffed:

@XIII: That's an interesting idea! :glasses:

• ddease
    ddease
    Community Member
    edited January 2018

Thank you for the responses. The purpose of the print out is for the safe deposit box just in case my wife needs them in the event something happens to me and she can't figure out how the app works since she is a Windows person.

I am going to try the converter. If that doesn't work, I will just add a label to each entry indicating the folder name which is more descriptive than just Login/Secure Note/etc.

Thanks again. :-)

• @ddease,

Just a suggestion, but it may be more beneficial to teach your wife how to use 1Password. Consider how frequently the information in 1Password changes through additions or edits. Printed copies will quickly become stale, and printing a fresh copy every time something changes isn’t very practical or environmentally friendly. :)

Ben

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    edited January 2018

@ddease,

The converter will work fine for you, but as I mentioned above, I'll have to add the folder names and post an update for you. You can download the 1.10 version in Testing Bits, mentioned in the first post of the converter suite thread. Try the several Formatters available (you can see their names in the Formatters folder in the converter suite. Just specify the one you want, without its suffix name - e.g. html_compact).

See the README.pdf, esp. the section for onepif, which is under the Exporting from your Password Manager section, and its title is 1Password.

Ask if you need help.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

:) :+1:

This discussion has been closed.