resending an invitation to family member already with family vault

Options
GSalbright
GSalbright
Community Member
edited January 2018 in Families

Although I had sent out invitations to my two daughters, both responding so that I could create their vaults, they did not go thru the process of then setting up 1P thru the link they had been sent. And I cannot access the original invite email that had the link in it for them to setup 1P on their laptops.

THUS, can I resend an invitation WITHOUT deleting them from the set up that has been done already? Or is there another way to set them up with 1P on their laptops and their cell phones without starting over?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:resending an invitation to family member

Comments

• GSalbright
    GSalbright
    Community Member
    Options

Additional information: I do have the unlocking keys for each of my daughter's accounts. Thus, is there a way without the email and link I can continue with the process without starting over?

1Password Version: Not Provided
    Extension Version: Not Provided
    OS Version: Not Provided
    Sync Type: Not Provided
    Referrer: forum-search:resending an invitation to family member

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited January 2018
    Options

@GSalbright: I'm not sure I follow. If they did not accept your invitation and setup their 1Password.com accounts under your family plan, they would not have had access to anything yet. So I'm not clear if they did that already or didn't, as you seem to be saying both, which is contradictory. When you sign into your account at 1Password.com, do you see them listed under Members when you click that on the right? If so, they've already accepted the invitation and setup accounts. Now, they may have done so and failed to save their account credentials, resulting in them getting locked out, but they're in luck: you or another Family Organizer should be able to help them recover:

Recover accounts for family or team members

Let me know if that helps, or clarify the situation for me if I've misunderstood. I look forward to hearing back from you! :)

ref: YJA-91775-999

• GSalbright
    GSalbright
    Community Member
    Options

I do have my daughters' security keys so I must have been the one to reply to the invitation initially sent out so I could add them to 1PF. However, I never had the time to sit down with them to go over the next step: actually installing 1P on their computers and having them log into their 1P vaults for use. I installed 1P4 (running OS 10.9.?) Sunday morn but then quickly lost the path on how to get her going on her computer. I ended up only being able to log into my primary account but not the family account. If you can clarify for me, I would appreciate it. Thanks. (btw, I wish there was an A to Z video that held all our hands in setting up the family plan. Although I've been using 1P for ages, I find this multi-party set up not clear in the least -- my only complaint with 1P since I think it's great otherwise.)

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@GSalbright - A 1password.com account requires at least version 6.6 of 1Password for Mac. If your daughter(s) are on a Mac that's running Mavericks (10.9.x), that Mac will not allow the use of a 1Password account (except in a browser). If you can upgrade that Mac to at least OS X 10.10 ("Yosemite"), you can run 1Password 6 for Mac and therefore a 1password.com account. If that Mac is hardware-limited to no more than 10.9.5, however, you may be out of luck at least on that device.

1password.com accounts aren't really "multi-party." Each person signs up for his or her 1password.com account. If you're using a 1Password Families account, then the Family Organizer is responsible for sending out invitations, and then confirming sign-ups. That's really it. Ideally, you'd be letting your daughters (or other family members) receive the invitation email, and go through the sign-up process on their own. Let us know if you're able to upgrade the daughters' Mac to at least OS X 10.10 ("Yosemite").

• GSalbright
    GSalbright
    Community Member
    Options

It happens one of my daughter's is upgraded to 10.13 but I cannot get back to the initial invitation email. Is there another way, since I do have their original keys, to get her up and running? I have my mail 1P data file on Dropbox. Is that file the same one that I was using for my own individual account? I'm assuming yes and thus need to share that with her via DBox. Any specifics will be helpful. Thanks.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@GSalbright - 1Password.com accounts sync via the 1password.com service, not via Dropbox or any other method. There is no going back to an already-used invitation; even if you can find the email, each invitation can be used only once. If you sent invitations to your daughters at their own email addresses but then you opened them yourself (if you have their email credentials), then you would have already set up their account for them. You'll have to sign back into your own account on your Mac and confirm their sign-up(s), but once you do that, they should be all set to go.

If you have already begun to store items in your 1password.com account, you've probably noticed you can put them in your own Private vault or into the main Shared vault. If they're items you want to share with your daughters, you can put them in the Shared vault. Otherwise, keep them Private. Your daughters will do the same: as they create items/logins/etc, they'll store them in their own Private vaults. Let us know if you have any questions.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@GSalbright - I see you've written in to our email support as well and are being assisted by my colleague Laura. Let's keep the conversation going over there instead of discussing account specifics in this public forum. :)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

In case it helps you or anyone else, even on a an outdated OS you may be able to use the 1Password.com web interface in a browser. Obviously we recommend staying up to date since there are important security fixes, but it's another option if that isn't possible. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.