To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Migrating an updated vault

Options
tistheseason
tistheseason
Community Member
edited January 2018 in Memberships

Hi, I signed up for a membership and migrated my primary vault but it wasn't the most updated vault and now I want to delete it and migrate the most updated vault. How do I do that? thanks

1Password Version: membership
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: os x 10.13.1
Sync Type: wlan

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited January 2018
    Options

@tistheseason: Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry for the confusion! It sounds like you may have answered your own question. If you delete the data you've already migrated in your 1Password.com account, you can then move your data over from the Primary vault to the Personal/Private vault in your account again:

Move items between vaults

I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

ref: VAZ-13731-578

• tistheseason
    tistheseason
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Brenty, Thanks for responding. I'm confused about 1password subscription and i'm confused about how to get timely support from agilebits. I'm a longtime 1password customer and was having difficulty keeping everything sync'd so I took advantage of the 6 month free trial for the subscription model. Anyhows, this stuff is not intuitive at all...I feel like a dufus and cannot figure out how to delete the vault so I can add the updated vault. I keep getting links on how to move items between and in and out of vaults but there is no information on the obvious. How to delete...sorry i'm frustrated and I just assume use this avenue to get support and will not send any other information to anyone else. thank you for your assistance. LeeAnn

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@tistheseason - I'm sorry! It's never our intention to make you feel like a dufus. :(

I'm not really sure what you mean when you say you "migrated your Primary vault but it wasn't the most updated vault." If you want to delete the data you moved from that vault into your 1password.com account," you can select the items in 1Password and move them to 1Password's trash -- then empty the trash by control-clicking on the Trash icon and choosing "Empty Trash." In this way, you can empty out the 1password.com vault.

From there, you can follow the link in brenty's post on how to move items between vaults. You will need to make sure you have the "most updated" vault AND the 1Password.com vault available within 1Password for Mac. If you're using 1Password for Windows the process is a bit more complicated, but also covered at that link.

If we're missing something here, can you explain what's not working the way you think it should? We'll be happy to help. :)

• tistheseason
    tistheseason
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for your reply. To clarify, I had not sync'd all my local vaults prior to migrating the vault I had on my mac. So once I migrated I realized it was not updated. This is the vault I want to delete not the local vault. I figured out how to delete the local vault, if I ever wanted to do that, by reading on this forum. I have not been able to figure out how to delete the vault on my new 1password.com account. As a workaround I created a new vault in my 1password.com account and copied and MOVED my items from my local updated vault to the new 1password.com vault. So this solved the problem of having an up to date vault in my 1password.com account that syncs across my devices nicely but 2 issues came up as a result; 1) I still have the 1st vault in my 1password.com account that I would like to delete or remove and 2) by MOVING the items instead of copying them I now have zero items in my primary local vault on my mac. So thinking I can just sync via dropbox with my iphone local primary vault like I've always done to get the items back into my local primary mac vault I now have zero items on both my primary local vaults on my iphone and mac thus leaving me only my 1password.com vault. I am a trial user and would like to know if I can get my items back to my local vault and also, let's say in the future I stick with the 1password.com account but then decide to move to a new password manager app (don't see this happening but you never know) does 1password offer this functionality? Also, is there a sort feature on the 1password.com account where I can sort by date item modified like I was able to do on the local vault? One more thing, is there a trial version for the family account? I only have the 1 user but would like to get my family on it as I'm constantly sending pw information across unsecure methods which obviously defeats the purpose. Thanks again.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@tistheseason: The easiest way to get timely support is to send us a message via email OR here in the forums, and we will get back to you as soon as we can. Sending messages in multiple places leads to duplication of effort, confusion, and ultimately slows down the support process for everyone. :(

Thanks for your reply. To clarify, I had not sync'd all my local vaults prior to migrating the vault I had on my mac. So once I migrated I realized it was not updated. This is the vault I want to delete not the local vault. I figured out how to delete the local vault, if I ever wanted to do that, by reading on this forum. I have not been able to figure out how to delete the vault on my new 1password.com account.

Without any details it's hard to offer you specific instructions. But if you're referring to the Personal/Private vault in a 1Password.com account, that cannot be deleted; it's part of the account. You can, however, delete any and all items from it by selecting them (Select All, if you wish: ⌘ A) and pressing ⌘ Delete.

As a workaround I created a new vault in my 1password.com account and copied and MOVED my items from my local updated vault to the new 1password.com vault. So this solved the problem of having an up to date vault in my 1password.com account that syncs across my devices nicely but 2 issues came up as a result; 1) I still have the 1st vault in my 1password.com account that I would like to delete or remove and 2) by MOVING the items instead of copying them I now have zero items in my primary local vault on my mac.

I'm glad to hear you were able to create a new vault and use that.

So thinking I can just sync via dropbox with my iphone local primary vault like I've always done to get the items back into my local primary mac vault I now have zero items on both my primary local vaults on my iphone and mac thus leaving me only my 1password.com vault. I am a trial user and would like to know if I can get my items back to my local vault and also, let's say in the future I stick with the 1password.com account but then decide to move to a new password manager app (don't see this happening but you never know) does 1password offer this functionality?

To be clear, Dropbox is not involved with 1Password.com vaults. I'm not sure I follow why you moved everything out of your Primary vault, leaving it empty, instead of copying, if that's what you wanted to do. But you can always copy the items to another vault, or export your data from the app if you wish.

Also, is there a sort feature on the 1password.com account where I can sort by date item modified like I was able to do on the local vault?

You can do this in the 1Password app with a 1Password.com vault just as you can with a local vault. The app is the same.

One more thing, is there a trial version for the family account? I only have the 1 user but would like to get my family on it as I'm constantly sending pw information across unsecure methods which obviously defeats the purpose. Thanks again.

Yep! If you login to the 1Password.com website, you can select "Invite People" on the right to switch to a 1Password Families plan and add your loved ones. That will allow you to share vaults with them securely. Be sure to let us know if you have any questions about that too. :)

This discussion has been closed.