2FA code in 1password X

Hi,

I used "old" extension in chrome, now changed to 1px, when filling out forms, 2fa code is not copied to clipboard as I used to have...is this intentional ?

Thanks

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@2ge: Yes. That isn't a feature 1Password X has. It may be possible for us to add it in the future, but instead the way 1Password X works now is you can select the login again to fill the TOTP code. If you encounter a site where this doesn't work, please give us the URL so we can improve it! I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• 2ge
    2ge
    Community Member

ahm, interesting. I will try in future, in meantime I went back to old extension. Can you point me to some article, where 1password X is compared to normal password extension, what is difference, what are plans...?

Thanks Brenty.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@2ge: I am not able to divulge future plans, but I'm happy to answer any other questions you have. :)

You can find our guide to 1Password X here:

Get to know 1Password X

And we also have one for the extension that works with our native apps:

Use the 1Password extension to save and fill passwords on your Mac or Windows PC

Essentially 1Password X is designed to be a "self-contained" extension that can be used in situations where the native apps cannot be used, or where you might not want to — for example, on a company laptop where you're not able to install software, or if you're the sort of person who only uses 1Password in your browser anyway. Cheers! :)

• 2ge
    2ge
    Community Member

Thank you

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

You're welcome! We're here if you need anything else. :chuffed:

• Drogon
    Drogon
    Community Member

Hello,
    Could you explain me please, how can I setup 2FA in 1px?
    I can't find this feature on web app or 1px. Please help

• Hi @Drogon,

Welcome to the forums! Great name, by the way. I'm a huge GoT fan myself :)

As for 2FA, just to be clear, this particular thread is about adding website logins to 1Password that require 2FA. I believe you're asking how to enable 2FA on 1Password itself, and so I'll be answering that. If I misjudged, please let me know and I'll give you another answer :)

When you create your account on 1Password.com, we create you your own Secret Key which is required every time you set up a new device. This key is similar to a second factor, and since it is actually tied to the encryption of your data itself, in many ways it's better than two factor. You can read more about the Secret Key on our security page, as well as our White Paper that you can find lower down on that page.

Now I know many people consider 2FA to mean "those random numbers I need to enter when signing in to a new device", and so by that definition 1Password does not have that implementation available. It's something we're looking in to adding to 1Password because quite frankly even though our Secret Key is better, we know that many people would feel more comfortable with those "random numbers" :)

I hope that helps. Please let me know!

• Drogon
    Drogon
    Community Member

Hi @dteare
    I mean if I need set up 2FA for another service. It can be bank, email service etc. For mac or windows I can set up the 2FA in 1P very simple, but in 1PX I can't find how to do it.joxi.ru/823jJ6lSJRNgGm

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited January 2018

@Drogon: Thanks for clarifying! You can do this in the 1Password.com web interface. Just enter your TOTP secret into the field, and then you can select the data type on the right:

Well be bringing more editing features to 1Password X in future updates though. Cheers! :)

• Drogon
    Drogon
    Community Member

@brenty I do not see this feature :( This is why I'm here
    http://joxi.ru/YmEkOJPS0QWyVA

• beyer
    beyer
    1Password Alumni
    edited April 2018

Hey @Drogon,

Sorry for the confusion! Can you try typing into the empty text field and clicking out of it?

You should see the circular icon with 3 dots after doing so.

I hope that helps, but please let us know if you have any additional questions!

&drew

• Drogon
    Drogon
    Community Member

It works when I click on another field and come back :) Thanks guys

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@Drogon - on beyer's behalf, you're quite welcome. Don't hesitate to give us a shout if you have any issues, questions or suggestions in the future. :)

This discussion has been closed.