After sign in prompts to sign in - loop - 2FA enabled on my 1password Team account causing this?

I am trying to use the 1PasswordX extension in my Chromium browser in Linux Mint but when I sign in it completes the sign in OK but then just asks me to sign in again when I click the extension icon. Is this because I have DUO enabled on my account? I am just going round in a loop when using the extension v1.4.0

I can sign in OK using the web interface, again after DUO authentication, but was hoping to use the 1passwordX extension.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 1.4.0
OS Version: Linux Mint
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@fryrpc: Thanks for getting in touch! Sorry you're running into an issue there. Can you tell me what the timeout is set to for your Duo authentication?

• fryrpc
    fryrpc
    Community Member

In 1password - Settings - MFA it is set "Remember Device Authentications" = 0 days (up to 30 days) - so it forces MFA every time. I have been using standard 1password fine on Windows boxes but this is the first Linux box and hence using 1passwordX extension.

I trust this is the information you requested, or is there something in DUO itself?

Regards
    Richard.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@fryrpc: Nope! That's perfect. Indeed, that's a known issue with Duo being set to authenticate every session. You're not supposed to be able to set it to less than a day, so that's something that needs to be fixed. Sorry for the trouble there. :blush:

ref: b5-3568

• fryrpc
    fryrpc
    Community Member

Ah OK - changed it to 1 day and the problem disappeared - Thank You :-)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Glad that helped! Again, I'm sorry you ran into that. We'll get it sorted.

This discussion has been closed.