Fireox extension not installing - connection error

Options

Wen trying to install the extension on Firefox, i'm getting an error saying "the add-on could not be downloaded because of a connection error".

1Password Version: 6.8.496
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:firefox extension

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@two7offsuit: That means something is interfering. Do you have "security" software or other extensions installed? They can prevent you from establishing a secure connection to the server to download the extension, or stop it from being installed. Our site will reject the connection if something is inserting itself in the middle, and Firefox will not install the extension if it has been tampered with. You may be able to download it using another browser and then drag it to Firefox to install it...but I'd be more concerned about what's preventing you from doing so normally in the first place. Let me know what you find.

• two7offsuit
    two7offsuit
    Community Member
    Options

@brenty: it's a work laptop and we use Sophos AV. Not sure i can disable it though. I didn't have the issue when installing on Chrome though. Any ideas how to get around it?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@two7offsuit: The only possible way around it would be to download the extension using another browser and install it manually. Not sure if that will work in this case though. But it's possible they're "only" installing a phony root CA in Firefox to break SSL/TLS... If it's something else though, you'd likely have to disable it completely to get it working in Firefox. :angry:

This discussion has been closed.