Chrome Extension unlocked my vault without me typing my password!!!!!

wildpow
wildpow
Community Member

I was messing around with Apollo Dev Tools and couldn't get it to work. Their readme said to open Chrome dev-tools, click on Apollo in the drop down menu on the right. Then right-click and inspect that window to check for errors. When I logged into github to submit my findings my 1Password was already unlocked and I'm 100% sure I had not used it today. How would that be possible?

1Password Version: 6.8.5 (685004)
Extension Version: 4.6.12.90
OS Version: 10.13.2
Sync Type: dropbox

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Welcome to the forum, @wildpow! 1Password requires your Master Password (and if you're using a 1password.com account, your Secret Key as well) to unlock. However, how long it stays unlocked is quite configurable. It can't be set to "never," but there's quite a broad range from very restrictive to pretty unrestrictive, depending on the users' own assessment of their individual threat profile. You can view your settings in Permissions > Security to see what you've currently got things set to. Typically, the timeout setting is the one that gets people. Another possibility would be if you are using a Mac with the Touch Bar -- are you?

This discussion has been closed.