Uninstall without losing data?

Options

Hi there, new user here and HUGE FAN of the product! Seriously, this 1Password has changed my life.

My current PC is going away in a few weeks. I just wanted to make sure that when I uninstall 1Password from this PC that all my data and vaults and stuff will be safe and still accessible via the mobile app and the website.

Thanks in advance!

1Password Version: 6.8.496
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 7
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi there @tsivihcra,

Thank you for getting in touch and using 1Password! :chuffed: :+1:

It sounds like you are using a 1Password.com account, so you don't have to worry about the data on your PC. When you have 1Password.com account, your encrypted vault is stored on our servers and it should be accessible to you even after you uninstall 1Password from your computer.

All you need to do on a new device is to download 1Password app and sign in to your account. Your data will be there. That is the beauty of it. :)

Please let me know if you have any additional questions. Thank you!

Cheers,
    Greg

• tsivihcra
    tsivihcra
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks @Greg - Yes, I log in via the website and the app too, so glad to know everything is saved. This product has changed my life and how I interact with the web. I literally sleep better now.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@tsivihcra - on behalf of Greg, I'm glad to hear you're doing well with 1Password now, and thanks so much for the kind words -- we really appreciate it!

• @tsivihcra just a reminder - if you are not planning to use that PC anymore, make sure you factory reset it or delete %localappdata%\1password folder. It has encrypted copy of your data.

• tsivihcra
    tsivihcra
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks @SergeyTheAgile I did not know that. This is a work computer, and I work from home, and they'll be needing it back. I'll make sure and delete that folder after uninstalling.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@tsivihcra On behalf of Sergey, you're quite welcome. Glad he was able to offer a useful tip! :)

This discussion has been closed.