Inability to download 1Password Extensions

Options
wkleem
wkleem
Community Member

I attempted to download 1Password Extensions for Firefox and wasn't able to do so. It happened about 12 hours ago last night. Tried several times without any luck.

Comments

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    Options

The connection failure still persist a day after my first attempt. Please solve the issue soon.

• Ben
    Options

Hi @wkleem

I tested the link here and it seems to be working fine.

What happens if you try this link directly? https://agilebits.com/onepassword/extensions/firefox?beta=false

Thanks.

Ben

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks. I am not at my PC now but will try later.

• Ben
    Options

:+1:

Ben

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    Options

Ben

I attempted to get the Beta and it failed using Firefox 52.6 ESR.

https://agilebits.com/onepassword/extensions/firefox?beta=true

1Password Extension stable release also failed.

https://agilebits.com/onepassword/extensions/firefox?beta=false

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@wkleem: If you're not able to download it or install it when others are, it sounds like there's either a network issue on your end or something on your computer is interfering. DO you have "security" software which is preventing the secure connection from being established? Our site will reject the connection if it isn't end-to-end encrypted, and there's something performing a person-in-the-middle attack on you. Not uncommon with software that is supposed to keep us safer, unfortunately. :(

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    edited January 2018
    Options

Hi

I do have Malwarebytes 3 and ESET Smart Security 10 installed. Never had any issues until Meltdown/Spectre and I created a new profile.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@wkleem: Try downloading it with a different browser, or booting into Safe Mode with Networking. You can drag the downloaded extension to Firefox to install it as a workaround, but if something is interfering with your connection, it would be best to figure out what it is.

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    edited January 2018
    Options

Hi

I've also noticed for a long time that 1Password Extension had stopped appearing in the Mozilla Addon Repository it won't reappear there?

I'll try to figure this one out. Thanks. The release for my version of 1Password Extension Firefox is 4.6.11.91, an old version also and not being updated. Originally, Firefox used the default profile which may now have issues.

https://app-updates.agilebits.com/product_history/OPX4

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I've also noticed for a long time that 1Password Extension had stopped appearing in the Mozilla Addon Repository it won't reappear there?

@wkleem: It's been problematic due to how things need to be published there, but we're hoping to get 1Password in there again in the future.

I'll try to figure this one out. Thanks. The release for my version of 1Password Extension Firefox is 4.6.11.91, an old version also and not being updated. Originally, Firefox used the default profile which may now have issues.

Ah, I hear you. I love Firefox, but it's extension updating often breaks for me too...and don't me me started on profiles. Chrome looks better on both counts, but then again they have the benefit of learning from Mozilla, coming along about a decade later.

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    edited January 2018
    Options

Hi @brenty,

I am on Chrome practically all the time now which is why I never noticed the issue earlier. I wanted to trial Firefox 58 and then I discovered this issue.

I also wanted to keep the old pre Quantum Firefox extensions installed in Firefox 52.6. Lots of customisation have now been abandoned/broken.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Yeah, transitions like this are rough, but given the security, stability, and speed improvements I'm seeing in Firefox now, I'm happy to take a few growing pains. Cheers! :)

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    edited January 2018
    Options

Hi

In the worst case scenario, I would have to reset to factory settings. If I cannot figure it out.

• Ben
    Options

:+1: :)

Ben

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    Options

I have reported to Malwarebytes about a possible conflict amid other issues. The case is still under investigation

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    Options

Hi

I've solved my issue with the 1Password Extension. Having emailed Malwarebytes who responded by requesting an uninstall and reinstall of both Malwarebytes and ESET, I discovered that ESET has already been upgraded to ESET 11 and installing ESET Smart Security v11 appears to have solved my issue. It could have been Malwarebytes too.

• Ben
    Options

Thanks for the update. :+1:

Ben

This discussion has been closed.