I just updated my 1Password for Mac, downloaded the addon Firefox & will not auto fill.

my mac 10.13.0, 1PW -6.8.6, Firefox 58.0

1Password Version: 6.8.6
Extension Version: 4.6.12.90
OS Version: 10.13.0
Sync Type: icloud
Referrer: forum-search:I just updated my 1Password for Mac, downloaded the addon Firefox & will not auto fill.

Comments

• Hi @joerdenton

Thanks for taking the time to write in.

Just to clarify: 1Password never autofills anything. This is intentional. You must tell 1Password to fill when you want it to fill. This is in place to prevent information from accidentally being filled when you’d rather it not be.

If you’re aware of that, and that isn’t what you’re referring to, I’d like to get some more details about what is happening here.

1. How are you trying to invoke 1Password within Firefox? Are you clicking on the icon in the toolbar, right clicking and selecting 1Password from the context menu, or are you pressing Cmd+\?
    2. What happens when you invoke 1Password? Does the extension open at all, or is there no result (“nothing happens”)?
    3. If the extension does open, do you see the item that you’re trying to fill, or is the list empty?

Any additional details you can provide about the situation might help us figure out what is going on. :)

Thanks!

Ben

• joerdenton
    joerdenton
    Community Member

OK, I am browsing in Firefox. I open 1PW by clicking the icon in my toolbar, I enter my master pw. then I scroll to the Item I wish to open & double click highlighted item . Normally the website opens and 1PW fills my id & pw for that acct & it opens.
    Today, there was a notice that there was an update available for 1PW, I updated, reopened, and attempted to go to one of my accts listed in Logins. The website opened but the id & pw did not fill.
    I deleted the addon in Firefox, went to the 1PW website, Support & added the extension for Firefox.
    Back to 1pw and tried again, with no luck

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@joerdenton: If you press ⌘ \ on a login page, does 1Password fill there? Can you give me an example? It sounds like you're just having trouble with opening the page in Firefox. Is Firefox set as the default browser?

• joerdenton
    joerdenton
    Community Member

Firefox is set as default, 1PW opens & when I click a highlighted login, the website opens but the id does not fill - SOMETHING IS WRONG WITH 1PW

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hello @joerdenton,

By any chance do you have the Mac App Store version of 1Password? I suspect you do as we have seen this a bit in the MAS version of 1Password. Can you try the menu option Help > Troubleshooting > Restart 1Password mini and then restart any open browser please. If hunch is correct this will clear the issue which is that parts of the old version are still running. 1Password does try to notice when a MAS update has been downloaded and to restart the various components but for some people this doesn't reliably happen whilst for others it works every time.

If that doesn't resolve the issue we will probably need to look at a diagnostic report generated on your Mac while the issue is present. This link will guide you through the steps and has sections for the various supported versions of 1Password.

How to send a 1Password diagnostics report

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums

The email address you will want to use is support+extension@agilebits.com.

Once you've sent the report you should received an automated response from us with a ticket ID. Can you post that here please as it will allow us to quickly locate the email and take a look.

This discussion has been closed.