When I logged into a site today using 1Passw, a stranger’s name, email and pw were there.

Sandy_White
Sandy_White
Community Member

Logged in to my rewards account for Sperry Movie House in Port Huron. Logged into 1Password. A stranger’s Sperry 1Password log-in data was there in addition to mine. I took a screen shot before trashing it. How could this happen? New to 1Password using Mac, iMac at home. Everything is up to date. Just now on my iPad was first time we’ve used it on iOS. How could this happen? What to do?

Will be away from devices for a couple hours. Thanks.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Security breach

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Sandy_White: By "stranger", do you mean our Wendy Appleseed? It sounds like you may have just created a demo vault at some point. Otherwise, unless you got this computer from someone else with 1Password data already on it, or you've allowed someone else to add data to 1Password for you (by giving them your Master Password, for example), everything was put there by you. Could you please clarify what you're seeing? If it's simpler, take a screenshot of this. To include it in your reply, simply click the document button in the top of the comment field, and select the file you wish to share:

Just be sure not to post anything sensitive, as this is a public forum. Also, please let me know the OS, 1Password, browser, and extension versions you're using. Thanks in advance!

This discussion has been closed.