To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Email for an account

Options
neiltate
neiltate
Community Member

I have a standalone 1Password licence but would like to move to an annual subscription.

Several months ago I signed up for the trial but that expired without me signing up. I now want to sign up using the same email address as I used for the trial however I'm unable to do so. As the email is already associated with an account I can't use the address to sign up as a new account, but equally I can't login with the account I created before as I no longer have the emergency kit.

Could I have that account wiped/given access to that account so that I can start again? I'm also not sure if the data from my standalone licence is associated with the account. Of course ideally I'd like to port that over but would be happy to enter it again manually if necessary.

Thanks

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited January 2018
    Options

@neiltate: If you hadn't signed up, you wouldn't be running into this issue. It sounds like the problem is that you did sign up but did not save your account credentials, and therefore cannot get in to use the account. Is that correct? If so, and you're certain you want to delete the account and all of the data within it, just follow the instructions via email. Then you can sign up for a new one. Just make sure you save your Emergency Kit! I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• neiltate
    neiltate
    Community Member
    Options

That's exactly it. Have the email now and so should be good from here. Thanks!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Sounds good! You should be all set, but we're here if you need us. Have a great weekend! :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.