Can I download an older copy of 1Password for iOS

mackim
mackim
Community Member

We had to erase and restore my wife's original iPad. When re-downloading all her apps 1Password failed to download and now gives the message that it is not compatible with this iPad. Is there a way to download an earlier version that WILL work on her iPad?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 9.3.5
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@mackim: It sounds like she didn't have it in the first place, at least not under the Apple ID she's using. The only way to get an older version of an iOS app other than the current one from the App Store is to download it from the Apple ID's App Store purchase history:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201272#apps

If she hasn't already purchased it under her Apple ID, she will need to do so first on an iOS 11 device or through iTunes on a computer. Then it will be available in her purchase history in the App Store, and it will offer to let he install the newest compatible version instead of the current one (which requires iOS 11). I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• mackim
    mackim
    Community Member

Thanks. I have followed all the instructions and have found the app in purchase history on her iPad. However, I see no option to download the latest compatible version, or download anything from the Purchase History list. Can you suggest my next move?

• Hi @mackim,

Items in the “purchased” list should have a “cloud download” icon next to them, which will allow you to download them.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.