Documents and taxes

prime
prime
Community Member

It’s that time again in the USA.. taxes. So I have the last 9-10 years worth on my MacBook, and it’s getting old. I do back it up, but I want it easy for my wife in case... something bad happens. I forgot I can put documents in 1Password. So my wife and I share a vault (bills) and I uploaded all the past 9-10 years of taxes in it. I can’t believe I forgot I can do this. I also uploaded the auto and home owners insurance policies under the insurance login.

My only complaint, I wish I can upload files from the Files app on iOS. I try to upload and it only lets me upload from the photos.

Another great selling point for 1Password :)

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Thanks @prime! While 1Password wasn’t designed to be a secure document storage & sharing service, we do have some limited capabilities there which many folks have found useful. We’d like to expand the current capabilities a bit so that on iOS files can be added from sources beyond the camera roll. I don’t have any sort of a timeframe on that, but it is something we’re looking into.

Ben

P.S. I’m not a tax attorney and this is not legal advice but I believe in the US unless you have some special circumstances you’re only obligated to keep records for the last 7 years. :)

• prime
    prime
    Community Member
    edited January 2018

@Ben

P.S. I’m not a tax attorney and this is not legal advice but I believe in the US unless you have some special circumstances you’re only obligated to keep records for the last 7 years.

I’m pretty sure it’s 7, but so far space isn’t an issue.

We only use the shared vault because it made sense for us both. It’s nice to know we have them in a very safe spot and don’t have to worry about a computer HD crashing and the back up being corrupted somehow.

When I used all Apple stuff, people would ask me why don’t I use iCloud Keychain. Well, another reason why I use 1Password.

• :+1: :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.