macbook pro and iMac didn't sync correctly - how to undo?

happytexann
happytexann
Community Member

In purchased a membership, had one on a PC but switching over to all Macs - installed 1Password on MacBook Pro first, pulled in the 267 logins, then installed on iMac and it only has 88 logins - I probably synced to the wrong agile bits keychain or something - I trashed the iMac version and re-dowloaded thinking it would ask me how I wanted to sync or sync from backup (which I have) but it didn't. The interface doesn't have any settings, or preferences in the 'gear' that I can find to restore from backup - PLEASE HELP and thanks!

1Password Version: 1password 6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: high Sierra
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    edited January 2018

Welcome to the forum, @happytexann! If you're using an Agile Keychain or an OPVault, then you're not using a 1Password membership. That's fine, but it IS a different way to do things. Using an Agile Keychain makes me think you're probably using Dropbox as your sync method. Is that possible?

If the data on your MacBook Pro is correct and up-to-date, verify what sync method you're using by visiting Preferences > Sync and make sure you check the actual file path of the keychain being used. Then - on your iMac - perform the following steps:

1. Follow these instructions to reset your 1Password data and start over on your iMac.
    2. When you restart 1Password, you'll be at the Welcome (new user) screen. Choose whatever sync method you discovered you're using on your MacBook Pro, and choose that one. Make sure you choose the correct keychain if there was more than one available, and you should be all set to go.

Let us know how that works for you!

This discussion has been closed.