Edge Extension Not Working

Hi, I have recently downloaded 1 Password app from Windows store for the purpose of using with Edge, but it is not working. I am a long-term user of 1Password for Windows and IOs, and have the latest versions of all relevant applications.

OS: Windows 10, Ver 1709, (Build 16299.192). 1 Password for Windows ver 4.6.2.626

Following is stack track from event viewer. This occurs each time I open a new Edge session.

Faulting application name: 1Password.Edge.Native.exe, version: 6.8.470.0, time stamp: 0x59e7984d
Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.16299.15, time stamp: 0x2cd1ce3d
Exception code: 0xe0434352
Fault offset: 0x001008b2
Faulting process id: 0x4cfc
Faulting application start time: 0x01d39880f1e2d37c
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\DC5C6510.1Password_6.8.470.0_x64__2v019pwa6amcg\Native\1Password.Edge.Native.exe
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\KERNELBASE.dll
Report Id: 6e37764d-52f2-4dd6-9f8d-15e4d2e58d2b
Faulting package full name: DC5C6510.1Password_6.8.470.0_x64__2v019pwa6amcg
Faulting package-relative application ID: App

Appreciate any assistance you can give me.

1Password Version: 4.6.2.626
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10, Ver 1709, (Build 16299.192)
Sync Type: dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:edge error

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Greetings @gwruck,

Unfortunately I have a bit of bad news. At the moment there are two distinct versions of 1Password for Windows. The older 1Password 4 for Windows was the version that was licensed and worked with standalone vaults. This is the version you appear to have. There is no Edge support for 1Password 4 for Windows. There is also 1Password 6 for Windows, the version that works with 1Password accounts, our subscription based service where we host your data. 1Password 6 had to focus on support for 1Password accounts because 1Password 4 was not designed with accounts in mind. The 1Password app you have discovered in the Windows store is a companion app to 1Password 6 for Windows and so it is this version that can connect to Edge. 1Password 4 for Windows can still be used with Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome, Vivaldi and Opera so there are options, Edge is just not one of them. Sorry about that.

• gwruck
    gwruck
    Community Member

Ok - thanks for letting me know.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Greetings @gwruck,

I hope that didn't cause too much of dent to your hopes with Edge and that one of those browsers is a reasonable alternative. If we can help with any other issues please don't hesitate to let us know.

• jguillet
    jguillet
    Community Member

Wow, that sucks. Sounds like 1Password 4 for Windows users are not going to get any love anymore. :( I paid for a lifetime license for 1Password for Windows, but now I need to pay monthly to get Edge support? No thanks.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@jguillet: I'm sorry for the confusion. We have never sold a "lifetime license" for anything. I can certainly relate, as my last computer also stopped getting updates. I don't think it's fair to expect to get support for a brand new browser on an OS that didn't exist when you purchased that version of 1Password, but you may want to check out the 1Password 7 beta. The claims of "need to pay monthly to get Edge support" have been highly exaggerated. ;)

This discussion has been closed.