To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Could I get some assistance in deleting and restarting a brand new account?

garylarson
garylarson
Community Member

I'd like to get on a private email with Support to accomplish two tasks:
(1) I just signed up for 1password.com (intending to start a subscription). I did so on my phone, which breezed right through the process without downloading the Emergency Kit. Unfortunately, I also heeded the advice to not write down my Secret Key, so now I'm locked out. I would just like to delete that email address' account and start again.

(2): I have a standalone desktop 1Password I've been using for some time, under an expired trial. I would like to know if this is associated with an email address or other account (I've got an email address for you guys to check), and if so, I'd like to delete it after I complete (1) above and migrate all my stored info into my new 1password subscription.

Thanks a bunch!

1Password Version: 6.8.5
Extension Version: 4.6.12.90
OS Version: 10.10.5
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• thightower
    thightower
    Community Member
    edited January 2018

@garylarson

You can find your secret key from the iOS app. I suspect Android I don't use it and I am not familiar with it.

1. In the mobile app. Tapp the settings icon, tap your account name, tap reveal secret key. From there you can use that key with your other login information, to access the web portal and print the Emergency Kit.

2. If you add your account to that trial, (even if expired) It will convert it to a full version. Once the account is added to the Mac app, simply move the data over and once its done you can remove the old vault. Make sure you are using the latest version of 1Password 6 or better, as 1Password.com accounts cannot be used on earlier versions. https://support.1password.com/system-requirements/

If you still wish to talk to support send an email to support@1password.com making sure to send it from the email address associated with the the old subscription plan. They will only discuss account matters via email for your safety and security.

I don't think I missed anything, if you have more general questions feel free to ask. As long as they are not account specific, in that case use the email I provided above and the staff will assist you.

• garylarson
    garylarson
    Community Member

@thightower My understanding is that I cannot get it from the iOS app, because my iOS app is not connected with that new account, because I never logged in a single time.

Thanks for the response; I will send an email to support@1password.com

• thightower
    thightower
    Community Member

@garylarson

Oh sorry, I misunderstood I though you created it on iOS and just didn’t save it (key), but you had actually signed in once.

My apologies

• garylarson
    garylarson
    Community Member

@thightower Ah yes, I see why you thought that. No, I was in a browser on my iOS device. Thanks for your reply though!

• Hi @garylarson,

It looks like Sean has been in touch via email, so we’ll continue the conversation there. Thanks!

Ben

ref: AYL-16886-323

This discussion has been closed.