Lost data while upgrading to paid version of Android app

aangel
aangel
Community Member

Hi, I wanted to edit a card so I upgraded to the paid version of the Android app (6.7.1.). During the process, the data in the card disappeared though the card itself is still present. Though it could be user error, I have never done this before as I'm careful with the app. Regardless of whether this was due to a bug or user error, how do I get the data back?

I have checked:
https://support.1password.com/item-history/

And looked for the item history on the Mac desktop app. There is no item history there at all. This is strange and leads me to believe this is due to a bug since I should see older versions of this card, which has been in existence and edited for months.

Is bringing back a version of the database prior to the upgrade the best choice at this point?

Cheers,
André

1Password Version: 6.7.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Android
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@aangel: Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry for the confusion! As mentioned in the article you linked, item history is a 1Password.com account feature. Are you using a 1Password.com account? If not, do you have a backup of your data from before? Also, what "card" are you referring to? Thanks!

• aangel
    aangel
    Community Member

By card I just mean an entry in the program.
    I didn't find away to get the lost data back outside of restoring a previous version via the desktop app. (Not using an account.)

Now, the version on my Android phone, which is syncing by Dropbox, it still showing the damaged version.

When I restore from a previous version on the desktop app, what happens regarding syncing with the Android version? Should it sync?

Thanks,
    André

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@aangel: When you restore from a backup in 1Password for Mac, that will disable sync. That way, if you restore from the wrong backup (or just want to grab that one item before reverting to a more recent backup) it doesn't sync everything to your other devices. So once you have the data set you want, just setup sync again and you'll be good to go. :)

• aangel
    aangel
    Community Member

Roger. Syncing turned back on.

Is there any indication in the UI that syncing is turned off after a restore?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Yep! 1Password for Mac will show a notification to that effect, and it will show "Sync" as "None" in Preferences > Sync. Sounds like you should be all set, but let me know if you have any other questions. :chuffed:

• aangel
    aangel
    Community Member

Hmmm...must have missed the notification that syncing was turned off. Yes, I seem to be good now. Cheers and thanks for the help.

• That's good news, @aangel. I'm glad Brenty was able to help you get things sorted out.

This discussion has been closed.