Auto-type. Where's it at?

Options

I've had to move to 1Password Teams for work, which makes sense, and it works beautifully in my browser. However, for everything else it's horrible. There is clearly a lot of interest in this basic feature, yet it doesn't seem to be happening.

I use many other programs that require credential storage and entry, including over remote server connections. Others suggest launching programs via the command line or third party managers, but that makes zero sense to when the program does not exist on my machine, and I already have it open remotely. 1Password should not assume it knows how to use all the credentials I have saved.

I just want to be able to define auto-type sequences (and use predefined partial sequences like <password><enter>) as one can with KeePass. Surely it can't be that hard to find out how to send keystrokes to the OS like other managers, when they're open-source.

1Password Version: 6.8.496
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: WIndows 10
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• roy_orbison
    roy_orbison
    Community Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
  • Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hello @roy_orbison,

Thank you for reaching out and using 1Password! I am sorry to hear you having a bad time without Auto-Type.

The situation with 1Password on Windows is not that simple. We are building our new app from the ground up and there is a lot of catching up to do. There are many features we have to implement and many under the hood work we have to do before we can call 1Password for Windows a fully featured app that includes Auto-Type and other needed features (like local vaults).

However, we've come a long way since June 2016 (the link to 1Password 6 beta that you've shared) and I would say that Auto-Type in 1Password for Windows is now closer than ever. I don't have any news or timeframes to share at this point, but please be assured that we are aware this feature is needed and working really hard to make it happen. Please stay tuned. Thank you!

If there is anything else we can help you with, please let us know. We are always here for you and you make us better. Thank you again! :+1:

Cheers,
    Greg

This discussion has been closed.