To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Signed up for subscription, want to 'downgrade' to standalone

Options
This discussion was created from comments split from: Account frozen.

Comments

• pwils
    pwils
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Lars,

I as well as pduffus mistakenly signed up for the subscription service, but I only wanted the standalone version. Please could you give me details of how I can 'Downgrade' to standalone and still keep all my passwords. Thanks so much!

• pwils
    pwils
    Community Member
    Options

HI Ben,

I was afraid of deleting the standalone version. Is it possible to get a phone number so i can call and talk to someone before i make a mistake? Am I supposed to delete the one that says "primary" or "personal", not sure which one is t he standalone. do I have to delete from a computer or from the cell phone is ok? etc.
    Thanks again for your help.

• Ben
    Options

Hi @pwils

The standalone vault is named Primary. That is the one you’ll want to delete. And you’ll want to delete it from each device that it exists on, once you’ve verified it contains no data that isn’t already in your Personal vault. The Personal vault is part of your 1Password.com account, and is where you’ll want all of your unshared 1Password data to end up.

I do apologize but we don’t offer telephone support. We’re happy to help here with any additional questions you may have, though.

Thanks.

Ben

• pwils
    pwils
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Ben,

I'm confused. I thought it was the other way around.

I want to keep the standalone acct (which I thought was the "personal") and get rid of the subscription service (which I thought was the "primary") which was not my intention to get in the 1st place. And then be able to unfreeze my account. That said, please confirm which one I need to get rid of and how exactly. ? I don't want to get rid of the standalone service, I want to get rid of the subscription service. I just want my account unfrozen basically.

Could you send me these instructions again please, perhaps more detailed? The other instructions you sent via a link to delete are not clear and when it says go onto 1account then go to preferences, I don’t see. “Preferences” anywhere on my phone or computer.

Link you sent me earlier:
    How to move your data to a standalone vault to use 1Password without an account - 1Password Support

Thanks again for your help!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited January 2018
    Options

@pwils: Ah, sorry for the confusion there! Indeed, before we introduced 1Password.com memberships, a couple years ago, there were no 1Password accounts at all, just the apps on your devices, with your data in a local vault, such as "Primary".

I want to keep the standalone acct (which I thought was the "personal") and get rid of the subscription service (which I thought was the "primary") which was not my intention to get in the 1st place. And then be able to unfreeze my account. That said, please confirm which one I need to get rid of and how exactly. ? I don't want to get rid of the standalone service, I want to get rid of the subscription service. I just want my account unfrozen basically.

What you're saying contradicts itself unfortunately. The only way to unfreeze an account is to subscribe.

If you don't want the benefits of a 1Password.com membership, you can use the standalone 1Password app without an account. You'll need to copy your data to the Primary local vault (moving will not work, since your account is frozen; you'll need to select "Copy"):

Move items between vaults

Once you have all of your data in the Primary local vault, you can sign out of your 1Password.com account in 1Password for Mac Preferences > Accounts, or 1Password for iOS Settings > Accounts. I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• pwils
    pwils
    Community Member
    Options

ok, so I went to 'Sign out" of my frozen account" on my cell phone and the message that popped up was: "Do you want to sign out of this account? Vaults associated with this account will no longer be accessible on this device". Does this mean, this will delete my standalone "Primary" account too in addition to my 'Personal" one? I won't want to delete my Primary standalone. I want to keep that one.

• Ben
    Options

Does this mean, this will delete my standalone "Primary" account too in addition to my 'Personal" one?

No. The Primary vault is not an account based vault. Only 1Password.com subscription memberships use the term “account.”

Ben

This discussion has been closed.