To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

How to remove frozen account from app so I can just use the one my org set up

Options
jscottchapman
jscottchapman
Community Member

I have some old 1password account that is frozen. I don't have the domain that the old account email uses any more. An org I am working for set up an account for me and I can log into it from the web app but I can't really do anything with the desktop app. It only tries to get me to log in to that old account and I can't add or remove any accounts in preferences.

1Password Version: 6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:How do I

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Welcome to the forum, @jscottchapman! If you can still access your older account, you can change the email address you use for it by clicking on your name and then "My Profile." You'll see the link to change your email there.

If you can't access the older account at all, it will enter Frozen status at the end of your billing period, so you shouldn't have anything to worry about there.

If you have no data inside your 1Password app that you need (that isn't already stored in 1Password account(s), you can follow these instructions to start over on your device. Once you've wiped the data and started over, just sign into your new account, and you should be all set, but let us know if you have any problems. We're here to help! :)

This discussion has been closed.