1Password 7 for Windows Alpha 1 is here!

Comments

• Hi guys,

@Spaldo, please do report the files as false positive to BitDefender here. We've been dealing with them in a separate thread here.

• pbryanw
    pbryanw
    Community Member
    edited February 2018

@MikeT - Hi, just updated to BETA-518 and can confirm that fixes for both of the issues I was experiencing with custom icons, are included and working well :+1: Many thanks :chuffed:

• That's great to hear!

On behalf of the team here, you're welcome, and from us, thanks for reporting them.

• XIII
    XIII
    Community Member
    edited February 2018

Update to 518 got blocked by HMP.A; then Firefox and Windows Explorer as well...

1Password:

Mitigation   Lockdown

Platform     10.0.16299/x64 v729 06_17*
    PID          9564
    Application  Z:\Temp\is-E79HT.tmp\1PasswordSetup-7.0.518.tmp
    Description  Setup/Uninstall

Filename     C:\Users\XIII\AppData\Local\1password\app\7\1Password.exe
    Created By   Z:\Temp\is-E79HT.tmp\1PasswordSetup-7.0.518.tmp

Command line:
    "C:\Users\XIII\AppData\Local\1password\app\7\1Password.exe" /setup /silent   

Firefox:

Mitigation   Lockdown

PID          6848
    Application  C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe
    Description  Firefox 58.0.1

Filename     C:\Users\XIII\AppData\Local\1Password\app\7\1Password.exe

Command line:
    C:\Users\XIII\AppData\Local\1Password\app\7\1Password.exe C:\Users\XIII\AppData\Local\1Password\app\7\FirefoxManifest.json [email protected]  

Windows Explorer:

Mitigation   Lockdown

PID          3128
    Application  C:\Windows\explorer.exe
    Description  Windows Explorer 10

Filename     C:\Users\XIII\AppData\Local\1Password\app\7\1Password.exe

Command line:
    "C:\Users\XIII\AppData\Local\1Password\app\7\1Password.exe" 

• Hi @XIII,

These are all expected and normal behaviors.

It's not clear as to why Hitman is locking it down, we'll have to report them to Hitman's team and ask them to whitelist 1Password based on its code signature, which hasn't changed from 1Password 6.

• Hi @XIII,

Please report them as false positives, here's what they wrote on their FAQs:

When the HitmanPro.Alert warning appears, please click Technical details and make one or more screenshots of the shown information. Please email us these screenshots with a short explanation at [email protected]

• XIII
    XIII
    Community Member
    edited February 2018

I have been told to disable Application Lockdown for 1Password to allow it to update itself. Let’s try that with the next update!

Furthermore I believe that HitmanPro.Alert is (only) behavior based (unlike HitmanPro, which is signature based).

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member

Feature request: ability to reorder custom fields

1P-Win 7 has almost filled the gap with the more mature 1P-Mac app. The only feature I miss is the ability to reorder custom fields. Are there any plans to implement it in this or a future version?

Thanks

• @lammoth please try using Alt+Up/Down keys while cursor is in the field. We are going to make this feature more visible in future update. :)

• In addition to what Serg said, we also plan to let you reorder custom sections but that's down the line because it is actually more difficult to do compared to individual fields but we'll find a way.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member

Thank you @SergeyTheAgile - it works! In fact it is not immediate to understand how to move the focused field, but it is well documented on this page (...page that I've read just now for the first time... :p ).

@MikeT - I agree that it would be great to be able to reorder custom sections too.

• On behalf of Serg, you're welcome.

• Hi @BrokenHope,

Thanks for writing in. We've changed the way you add tags in the first 507 update of 1Password 7 but we've refined it further with today's 519 update to make it prettier. We still have a lot of refinements coming soon to tags, especially the keyboard support and hopefully in time, auto-completion to avoid duplicates.

• qzmarco
    qzmarco
    Community Member

How i do download the alpha version 7.0?

• Hi @qzmarco,

If you're on 1Password 6.8, enable the beta updates in 1Password's Settings > Updates and it'll take you to 1Password 7.0.507 update, which will then find an update for 7.0.519.

If you don't have a HockeyApp account already for 1Password 6.8 beta updates, you can directly download 519 from here.

• qzmarco
    qzmarco
    Community Member

Thank you soo much @MikeT

• You're welcome!

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member

Installed v7.0.519. I directly installed over v6.8.496. No change in Password Generator from v6 which I preferred the v4 way, allowing for all numeric passcodes for PIN generation.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@wkleem: Indeed, we haven't made any big changes to the password generator, which is why we didn't mention anything about that in the release notes. This is thread is about testing the new version to report issues and a not feature request thread, but I've noted your interest in using 1Password to generate PIN numbers. Thanks for participating in the alpha! :)

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member

@brenty: I am having other issues unrelated to v7 that is being discussed via email. I will test further to see what I can discover..

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Sounds good! :) :+1:

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    edited February 2018

Hi

I see tags improvements have made it to 1Password v7. :) but Opvault isn't synced back to Dropbox?

https://app-updates.agilebits.com/product_history/OPW6

7.0.507.BETA-507

In this alpha update, opening existing standalone vaults in a sync'ed folder (Dropbox, etc) will allow 1Password to detect changes but 1Password will not sync changes made in the app back to the folder just yet. Full sync support is coming soon and for now, they'll be collected in Offline Changes to be sync'ed.

Admittedly I haven't read all the release notes. There is a lot to read.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited February 2018

I see tags improvements have made it to 1Password v7. :)

@wkleem: Yep! :)

but Opvault isn't synced back to Dropbox?

Nope. We have some more work to do on OPVault support before we open the floodgates and have it start syncing data. ;)

Admittedly I haven't read all the release notes. There is a lot to read.

No worries. However, if you have any interest in reading them at all at some point, I'd suggest getting started. The final version 7.0 release notes will be much, much longer! I prefer bite-sized beta chunks myself. :lol:

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member

Hi

Tags doesn't appear to be working for me now. I never actually used the 1Password for Windows (v4, v6) Tags, it was from the Mac or iOS. Cannot find any from within 1Password v7 Alpha which will be my first step.Tired Tags; Tagname Alt - Arrow keys.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@wkleem: Can you tell me what you're having trouble with? You should be able to add tags to items when you edit them, and you can select Tags in the sidebar to view them separately from Categories. You can also right click any selected item(s) to assign an existing tag or create a new one.

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member

Figured it out from the other post with the screen capture. I was in Categories, looking for Tabs.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

:) :+1:

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member

Improvements to Security Audit anyone can use. Thank you.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited February 2018

@wkleem: You're welcome! And thanks for being such a big proponent of Security Audit, and pushing us to get it in the Windows app. It's really inspiring to have folks like you who are so passionate about this stuff. :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.