1Password 7 for Windows Alpha 1 is here!

1235»

Comments

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member

@brenty,

It was such a glaring feature I missed from my mostly now disused MAC, I wonder why it took so Long! With Watchtower, it is all good news.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@wkleem: Indeed. We had a lot of other features to add, but we're glad to have made some great progress on our wishlist and finally add Security Audit with Watchtower. :chuffed:

• Krit60
    Krit60
    Community Member

Good to hear there is an Alpha version. Is there a way to join testing?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited February 2018

@Krit60: Absolutely! You can download it from here directly:

https://cache.agilebits.com/dist/1P/win6/1PasswordSetup-7.0.519.exe

And we'd love any feedback you have on issues you find or improvements you'd like to see. Cheers! :)

• hukaze
    hukaze
    Community Member
    edited February 2018

Just to be clear, beta 1 still requires you to be signed into 1Password membership in order to get the option to add a new vault or open a vault. We haven't redesigned the initial tour to support standalone vault first but it is coming soon.

Any idea when this will be the case? We can't even test the application as we don't have the membership and have no plan to get it..

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Any idea when this will be the case? We can't even test the application as we don't have the membership and have no plan to get it..

@hukaze: Yep! It's right there in the release notes:

We haven't redesigned the initial tour to support standalone vault first but it is coming soon.

But I'll be happy to elaborate. Since there is only very early local vault support (no syncing yet, for example) and no UI for them during setup, we're not recommending the alpha for local vault/standlaone users. Once we have full support for local vaults and a way for you to actually setup the app with only those though, you can bet we'll be excited to get you and others testing it and giving feedback. Until then the feedback — and experience — would not be very useful to anyone (i.e. "It doesn't work.") ;)

• tomhoward7
    tomhoward7
    Community Member

@brenty Any update on the stand alone setup? Anxious to give it a try after using 1Password 4 for years

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@tomhoward7: Not yet, but hopefully we'll have something to share with you very shortly. ;)

• Hey folks, 1Password 7 Alpha 2 is now available, please give a try and let us know what you think in the Alpha 2 thread here: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/87228/1password-7-for-windows-alpha-2-is-ready-for-you/p1?new=1

Closing this, thanks everyone for your help!

This discussion has been closed.