Master Password Required since iOS 11.3. Touch ID not working.

Options
kusshut
kusshut
Community Member

I have a problem with 1Password 7.0.5.
Touch ID is on in iOS 11.2.5.

Then from iOS 11.2.5 update to the iOS 11.3 beta 1.
Go to settings app -> General -> Reset -> Reset All Settings

If open 1Password iOS, then comes always this messages:
Master Password Required
The fingerprints that you've enrolled in Touch ID have changed. To unlock 1Password, enter your Master Password.

If disabling touch id in 1Password and delete in iOS settings and reconfigure Touch ID in iOS and 1Password again does not work (it comes same error message).
Also a restart from iOS device no a effect.

Can you reproduce this?

1Password Version: 7.0.5
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 11.3 beta 1
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@kusshut: I'm not sure I follow. I'm not able to reset all of my devices here to try to reproduce this. I'm not certain what this has to do with 1Password, since you're resetting iOS. To be clear, you should be prompted for your Master Password if you make changes to Touch ID. That's very much by design. Can you tell me what you believe is the issue you're having with 1Password? Perhaps there's an issue in the iOS beta. Are you having the same problems with the stable release?

• Ben
    Options

@kusshut,

Unfortunately we aren’t going to be able to try reproducing that this week as we’re at a conference where internet access is spotty (so installing a beta of iOS isn’t possible). That said I’d recommend trying the following:

• Disable Touch ID in 1Password
    • Disable Touch ID on the device and remove all fingerprints
    • Re-enable Touch ID on the device and re-establish your fingerprints
    • Re-enable Touch ID in 1Password

Thanks.

Ben

• Ben
    Options

Thanks @kusshut. We don’t have access to the iOS 11.3 beta at the moment but we’ll test further when we return from the conference.

Ben

• Foz
    Foz
    Community Member
    Options

+1 also seeing this issue, and on iOS 11.3b2 just released - it seems that 1Password isn't resetting the flag to acknowledge the change once you've entered the master password, and toggling Touch ID off and on doesn't make a difference

• Ben
    Options

@Foz Nothing has changed in 1Password in this regard — and it works as intended on the stable iOS 11.2. Until we’ve had a chance to address what has changed in the iOS 11.3 beta, unless Apple makes further changes here, my only suggestion would be to revert to the stable iOS 11.2 version.

We do appreciate folks letting us know about this difficulty, and if Apple isn’t going to make further changes to this then hopefully we can get an update out addressing it before the official launch of iOS 11.3.

Thanks.

Ben

• Ernie G.
    Ernie G.
    Community Member
    Options

+1 on iPad Pro, all resets done, no effect! iPhone X NO problem.

• Ben
    Ben
    edited February 2018
    Options

@Ernie G. If you’re running the iOS 11.3 beta there is currently no way to make this work. You’d need to revert to iOS 11.2.5.

Ben

ref: OPI-4431

• tuaminx
    tuaminx
    Community Member
    Options

Upgrading to iOS 11.3 Beta 4 can solve this issue. It works for me.

• Ben
    Options

Thanks for the report, @tuaminx.

Ben

• Ernie G.
    Ernie G.
    Community Member
    Options

Upgrading to iOS 11.3 Beta 4 works for me too. 👍

• Ben
    Options

Thanks for the update. :)

Ben

• Gitsche
    Gitsche
    Community Member
    Options

Unfortunately I did a reset to default settings on my iPad Pro before reading this thread. Now I get the same error message shown above. I did already all you suggested: turned off and on TouchID support in 1P. Then reinstalled the app completely - with same result. But I was surprised that even after reinstalling the app my account was still found on the device and suggested at first start. Maybe the problem is related to that stored information?

Since my iPad already runs iOS 11.3 beta 4 updating to this doesn‘t work for me. Any advice?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Gitsche: No. Having the account credentials stored in the iCloud Keychain is unrelated, as that won't ever involve your Master Password. I'm sorry to hear that you're still having issues with Touch ID in iOS 11.3 beta 4, but hopefully the next will resole it for you as well. Thanks for letting us know the issue is still present in the current iOS beta.

This discussion has been closed.