trying to get my password data onto my laptop but it keeps telling me that my login is invalid

Options
denali
denali
Community Member

I just renewed my 1PW account and am now trying to put the data on my laptop. It is already on my desktop. It keeps telling my my login is invalid. I know I am putting in the right master pw. 1PW opens on the laptop, but it is not updated and I am able to get into it with my master PW.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:trying to get my password data onto my laptop but it keeps telling me that my login is invalid

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Welcome to the forum, @denali! If you have a 1password.com account, were you previously using 1Password in standalone mode on your laptop? If so, it sounds like you may be still using your old Primary vault on that device. Could that be the case? Are you saying you're using a different Master Password on the laptop than the one on the desktop? Or that no Master Password at all seems to work on the laptop?

If that latter is the case - and if you know you have no 1Password data on your laptop that you need - then it sounds as if you may need to follow these instructions to Start Over on the laptop. Once you've reset the data on the laptop, the next time you open 1Password you'll see the Welcome (new user) screen. Make sure you sign into your 1Password account. That should get you set up and ready to go.

If that's NOT the problem you're having, can you tell us a bit more about the issue? Don't include any personally-identifying information in this public forum; if you can't describe it without doing so, let us know and we can continue this conversation in private via email. Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.