Move iOS standalone vault to subscription

Options
Dianeoforegon
Dianeoforegon
Community Member
edited August 2018 in iOS

I'm trying to help a user that has been using the free iOS version on her phone. No sync had been setup. We signed up for the subscription service and have 1Password setup on her Mac. On her iPhone she see the Primary vault and the Personal vault she set up on her Mac. So it is seeing her new subscription vaults. However on her Mac she does not see the Primary vault on her phone.

How does she get the items in Primary moved to Personal and also get the iPhone vaults to sync back to her Mac. Options to sync Primary did not include the subscription service. Only iCloud, DropBox, and Lan.

1Password Version: 6.8.6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: High Sierra 10.13.3
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Ben
    Ben
    edited February 2018
    Options

Hi @Dianeoforegon,

Thanks for taking the time to write in.

You can read about migrating from a standalone vault to a subscription membership here:

Move your existing 1Password data to a 1Password account (iOS)

Part of the process — the last step — is to delete the Primary vault once the information from it has been moved to membership based vaults. The Primary vault cannot sync via 1Password.com.

Once the Mac and iPhone are signed in to the same membership account, and the data has been migrated from the Primary vault on iOS to membership vaults, both devices will have access to the same data.

I hope that helps!

Ben

• Dianeoforegon
    Dianeoforegon
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks, I'll get back if we need additonal help.

• Ben
    Options

Excellent. :+1: :)

Ben

• cinthia
    cinthia
    Community Member
    Options

I’m tagging on here instead of starting a new post. The link you sent addresses subscriptions using 1Password.com. I signed up today for a subscription (in the iOS app) and Cannot find anything to help me move my existing iCloud synced vault’s 3000+ items into the new subscription vault. I see how to do it manually, selecting each entry one by one but surely there is a way to sync or move the entire vault. Please help.
    I am a long-time user, (one of your first since 2006) And while I love one password, I’m not thrilled about the subscription aspect. I’m going to give it a try but it seems more cumbersome to manage. Thanks for your help (I hope).

• cinthia
    cinthia
    Community Member
    Options

I’m a long time 1 password standalone version user. I’m working on my iPad now so need help for iOS. I have a primary vault, synced to iCloud with 3000+ entries. I signed up in app for a subscription. A new subscription vault was created. The app automatically labeled it “personal“. How do I now migrate all entries to the new vault? I have found the links with instructions for Subscriptions, purchased using the website but none for in app subscriptions.

1Password Version: 7.1.1
    Extension Version: Not Provided
    OS Version: iOS 11.4.1
    Sync Type: iCloud and 1Password
    Referrer: forum-search:iOS Move existing iCloud synced vault to new subscription vault

• Ben
    Options

Hi @cinthia

The guide mentioned above walks you though how to migrate all of your data from the Primary vault to the Personal vault. If you are having trouble with that could you please let me know which step you’re having trouble with?

Ben

This discussion has been closed.