Using passwords saved for a domain with the associated mobile app

aexmachina
aexmachina
Community Member
edited February 2018 in Android

1password on Android should realise that the password saved for a domain should be used for logging in to the associated mobile app. For example the password saved for "twitter.com" should be used for logging in to the Twitter app. Currently I have to search for it and then confirm that I do indeed wish to use it. I used to use Lastpass and this stored associations between domains and apps, and I believe you could indicate that you the association should be shared so that other users would benefit from it.

I should mention that I imported my passwords from Lastpass, so it may be that this works for other users but there's a problem with the import.

1Password Version: 6.7.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Android 8.1.0
Sync Type: 1password
Referrer: forum-search:1password on Android doesn't realise that the password saved for should be used for the Twitter app

Comments

• Hi @aexmachina. Thanks for reaching out.

1Password will ask you to confirm that you want to sign into a given app with a given Login, and if you do, the app will be linked to that Login afterward. However, app linking requires you to be using our newer OPVault format or a 1Password membership. By chance are yo using a standalone vault in Agile Keychain format? You can tell the format by looking at the suffix of the data folder. 1Password.agilekeychain denotes the Agile Keychain format, and 1Password.opvault denotes the OPVault format.

• aexmachina
    aexmachina
    Community Member

Yeah, okay. It's generally only once that I need it. It would be an improvement if it already knew the domains for common apps.

I'm using a 1Password membership.

• I see @aexmachina. Thanks for clarifying. You'll see that warning once before logging in. This is to help protect against phishing. Since the app will be linked to the Login after filling, we show the warning first to make sure you're filling into the correct app.

• aexmachina
    aexmachina
    Community Member

Okay, well you could eliminate the searching and just display the confirmation. That would be a better UX. Thanks!

• Thanks for the feedback, @aexmachina. I'll pass this along to the team.

This discussion has been closed.