Restored Android - get "vault empty" when sync to dropbox

cottercat
cottercat
Community Member
edited February 2018 in Android

I have 2 computers and 1 mobile phone syncing to dropbox. I had to restore the phone today, and now - every time I attempt to set up 1password on the phone - it syncs to dropbox and tells me the "vault is empty."

I know for a fact the vault is NOT empty. I can access the vault on both my computers. And, when I go into dropbox, I see all my saved data is there.

I've followed instructions on 1password site. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the app... with the same results each time.

The app was running just fine on this same phone before I reset the phone to factory specs.

The phone is a Samsung Galaxy S4. I'm using the newest version of 1password and dropbox.

Does anyone know how to fix this???

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• peri
    edited February 2018

Hi @cottercat. Is your vault in Dropbox called 1Password.agilekeychain or 1Password.opvault? Do you by chance have more than one 1Password folder in Dropbox? Can you check your sync settings on both computers and make sure the folder they're syncing with is the same one you're selecting on Android?

• donnacha
    donnacha
    Community Member

I have the same problem.

The vault in Dropbox is called 1Password.agilekeychain and I have confirmed that this is the same one I am using as my primary vault on my Mac.

I do have other 1Password vaults in that Dropbox folder, but none are called 1Password.opvault, and none are being used by Android (as 1Password on Android is unable to handle multiple vaults).

I would be very grateful for any solution to this because it has always worked fine before.

• @cottercat and @donnacha From the details that you've provided so far, we'll need diagnostic reports in order to dig into this further. That information is best handled by email, so could I get each of you to do the following...

I'd like to ask you to create some diagnostics reports, one from each of your devices:

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

With your email please include:

• A link to this thread: url
    • Your forum username: username

That way we can "connect the dots" when we see your diagnostics in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number.  Please post that number here so we can track down the diagnostics and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the diagnostics we'll be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

This discussion has been closed.