2 items: 1Browser causes error re block popups & why can't PW stay valid for more than one extension

Options
three-cushion
three-cushion
Community Member
edited February 2018 in iOS

item 1: using 1Browser on some sites thinks popups are blocked. iOS Safari version says not set so. how different is the 1Broser version of Safari from that of iOS 9.3.x. (6 yr old iPad...can't go higher). my solution is use iOS Safari...stop using -Broser version.
not as handy. I don't know how to reset no block up option inside of 1Browser.

item 2 ...that leads to using the extension PW to select my desired site....but then th invocation of PW dies if I want to access another site with iOS Safari while PW is up? never understood while it disappears ...

Jim B

1Password Version: latest for iOS 9.3
Extension Version: ?
OS Version: OSX 10.10.5
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• three-cushion
    three-cushion
    Community Member
    Options

have patience ...upgrading iPad in next month or so..

• Ben
    Options

Hi @three-cushion

There are no options regarding pop ups in 1Browser. Our recommendation would be to use Safari, as you have been, with the 1Password extension in Safari.

As for item 2... if I’m understanding what you’re describing correctly, that is just the nature of Safari extensions on iOS. They cannot continue to run in the background or perform tasks when their window isn’t in the foreground.

I’m sorry we don’t have better options to offer in these regards, but we are somewhat limited in what iOS has to offer.

Thanks.

Ben

• three-cushion
    three-cushion
    Community Member
    Options

thanx Ben....you confirmed my diagnosis...
    love PW..& subscriptions work great for me.....make sure and tell me when next yearly dues are due..
    Jim B

• Ben
    Options

Thanks for the kind words Jim! Glad to hear I was able to help confirm for you, and to hear that 1Password is proving to be a valuable service. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.