Deleting a family member

Options
prime
prime
Community Member

So what happens to the person data on their end when I delete them as part of my Family Plan? Do they lose off of their data, or does it go into a read only mode on their devices?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @prime,

They would lose their data. I would like to get us to the point where you could spin off a user account associated to a 1Password Families account into their own account so that they wouldn't need to lose that data, but we aren't yet at the point where we can do that.

Rick

• prime
    prime
    Community Member
    Options

@rickfillion that would be a great idea!

• I think so too. :)

Rick

• prime
    prime
    Community Member
    Options

It’s also a great selling point. A family expands and a person might want to include their growing family too from the family they are in already. Having an option “make your own family or single account” would increase subscribers.

I was also thinking these family that have drama. A family organizer can say “I’ll teach my bother/sister/or whatever and delete that users. Side note, my wife better be nice to me :lol:

• Ben
    Options

Yep, it is definitely something we’d like to be able to offer at some point. :)

Ben

• prime
    prime
    Community Member
    Options

@ben and @rickfillion

was this ever added? Just wondering :)

• Ben
    Options

We don’t have anything further at this point, but it is stil on the wish list.

Ben

• prime
    prime
    Community Member
    Options

thanks!!

• You're welcome.

Rick

This discussion has been closed.