Auto fill with only one login item still asks which one to use

Options

When I press the keyboard shortcut to auto fill (CTRL + , in my case as the default setting of CTRL + \ causes issues with my keyboard layout) it always brings up 1PW Mini to let me choose which login item to use, even when I've only got one item for that domain.

I'm unsure of how long this has been going on but in some past version the auto fill function would just enter the credentials if there was only one item for that domain without making you choose each time.

I've procrastinated reporting this as I thought someone else would notice and it would been fixed by now. Or maybe this is the intended behavior now and I just missed the memo on the change, even though I usually meticulously scour the release notes on each update.

1Password Version: 6.8.496
Extension Version: 4.6.12.90
OS Version: Windows 10 Pro 1709
Sync Type: Families
Referrer: forum-search:auto fill

Comments

• @Backspaze: If this is only happening when you need to unlock after using your shortcut, then that is presently expected behavior due to a known issue we're working on sorting out. If it's happening every single time regardless of 1Password's lock state, that's something else going on. Does this happen even when 1Password is already unlock for you? Thanks! :chuffed:

• Backspaze
    Backspaze
    Community Member
    Options

I've ran some tests now and yes it's only when unlocking, didn't notice that before. Great to know you're working on it and I'll (somewhat) patiently wait for the update.

• Great, thanks for letting us know that was it.

It's one of the issues we want to fix for the next update.

For now, you can unlock 1Password mini, dismiss it with esc and use the shortcut again to fill, it'll work.

• Backspaze
    Backspaze
    Community Member
    edited February 2018
    Options

I've noticed that this sometimes happens even if it's already unlocked. I've not found any real pattern that's easy to reproduce as it seems a bit random. But it mostly seems to happen if I don't use 1PW for a while but still use the computer so the auto-lock doesn't kick in.

As this happens even when the app is unlocked I don't know if it's related to the issue you're already trying to fix, but as it behaves the same way, except for the unlocking part, I'm guessing it is.

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi there @Backspaze,

If you press esc when this happens with unlocked 1Password, does the fill work the second time?

Thanks!

• Backspaze
    Backspaze
    Community Member
    Options

Yes it does.

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Backspaze: Indeed it sounds like the same issue then. Please stay tuned for our future updates and let us know if you notice anything else. Thank you! :+1:

Cheers,
    Greg

This discussion has been closed.