Hiding "empty" categories?

Options

I recently was troubleshooting a syncing issue and in order to do so I quickly created a couple of "Secure Notes" and then deleted them later. I don't use Secure Notes so that category is currently empty and my trash is also empty. The category still remains in my list of items and is the only empty one. Is there a way to remove Secure Notes, or any other empty category, from the list of categories? This applies to both Windows, MacOS, but not iOS.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• @btownguy: 1Password 6 for Windows will hide all empty categories automatically except Secure Notes, Credit Cards, Logins and Identities. Reason being that otherwise your sidebar would look super empty and sad in a brand new vault. Like you, I don't use Secure Notes either, but I suspect that should be the only persistent category you'll leave empty, so it shouldn't generate too much clutter. If any categories beyond those are sticking around when empty, though, let us know. :+1:

• btownguy
    btownguy
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the explanation @bundtkate, that makes sense. No biggie. If you guys keep track of customer feature requests I'd like to add a vote for only showing categories that have items in them. But not a deal breaker. You guys keep up the great work.

• @btownguy: We do keep track of them and appreciate the feedback. Alas, I think the two of us are the weirdos in this case and may be stuck dealing with an empty Secure Notes category, but all the same I'll certainly pass it along to the team. Thanks for the love in spite of this and who knows? Maybe managing what categories are displayed manually will be a thing one day. Never say never. :chuffed:

• DmitryIvanov
    DmitryIvanov
    Community Member
    Options

@bundtkate Any news about managing the categories list?

I use many categories, but NOT the "Contacts" (or maybe you call it "Identities" in English), and that empty category in my list makes no sense.

I would be happy to remove it from my list, but I can't.

I think you can show the default set of categories for the new Vaults, but then, the user should be able to decide which of these categories are useful for him and which are not.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

We don't currently have plans to do that, but it's something we'll continue to evaluate in light of your feedback and everyone else's. :)

This discussion has been closed.